Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#3127 by turtlebud
Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:38 pm
I have a shared landline setup and connected my ooma between my dsl modem & router. The phone is connect to the phone port on the ooma & the wall is connected through the ooma splitter back into the wall jack.

Calling out works fine, but when I try to call my number, the phone doesn't ring. Any ideas why?
Last edited by turtlebud on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
#3153 by toyotaisme
Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:29 am
I had the same problem check you massage light if is solid red. You have it as do not disturb. Press it for 3 seconds that that should fix it.
#3167 by turtlebud
Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 am
thanks toyotaisme. that worked! and it also fixed my issue with the voicemail picking up after 2 rings.
#3674 by nathand
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:12 pm
Thought this might be helpful to someone. I just setup my new Ooma and could make calls, but incoming calls were not ringing on the phone connected to the Ooma hub (I am not using a Scout at all). I pressed #1 on the hub for 3-4 seconds and heard some click (not srue) but the button flashed red and then my incoming calls began ringing to the phone connected to the hub.

I've rarely seen this issue mentioned: The phone hooked up to my Ooma hub is the base station that has 3 cordless phones associated with it. All of those phones work and I have no need for a Scout or hooking the Ooma up to lines that are built into the walls of the house. Anyhow, hope this helps someone. So far, my first 30 min of experience is going well. Long live OOMA!!