Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50864 by RedRocker
Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:02 pm
As I read thru the forums to try to troubleshoot my ooma issues I see quite often that re-booting or cycling power is pretty much what everyone advises. Since my network has successfully survived a few power outages due to inclimate weather and so forth, I wonder if I verify that all connections are correct and secure and then kill the power to my room using my breaker cabinet thus removing power to all of my equipment, PC's, ooma, router, modem, etc - then closing the breaker a few minutes later - would that likely result in all the associated equipment powering up and cooperating with each other again? - I think thats the only thing I havn't tried yet. I have 3 hardwired PCs, and 5 wifi devices connected to my router.
#50866 by DTMF
Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:28 pm
That efficient approach would certainly guarantee that all of your network devices will reset. It's hard to imagine that any tech support provider anywhere would advocate deliberately inducing power hits on so many devices at one time, though. IMO, it would be better to use the operating system to shut down the PC and any other plugged-in device that has a hard drive. :)
#50868 by RedRocker
Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:55 pm
DTMF - that an excellent point you make not to deliberatly kill power to my equipment, but I still like the concept - perhaps I should properly shut everything down, and then power up my modem, ooma hub, and router simultanously after verifying all connections. For some reason I can't get the recommended modem>ooma>router>PCs set-up to work - the ooma works fine but no internet on any device past the ooma. Right now I'm set-up modem>router>PCs + ooma, and this set up causes me to loose my internet connection on my main PC during a ooma call only - its frustraiting to say the least.