Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50686 by problemo
Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:06 am
I can receive calls, but noone can hear me at all, or beyond hello. I can make calls, but they disconnect within a second or two. I can't set up my voice mail because the computer who takes in the info, can't hear my tones, and when I play my messages on the machine, no other buttons work-- I can't save, erase or skip messages. And I can't continue through the saved messages to get to the one I want because it disconnects. I have spoken to support, but haven't gotten much help. Although the technician seemed to think it was a firewall, or content filtering issue with the modem, but he and i couldn't solve it. I called Netgear and Time Warner and they think it is a problem with the OOMA. I would really like to keep the OOMA, but I don't know what to do. Can anyone please help????? thanks
#50688 by murphy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:11 am
We need a lot more information to have any chance of helping you.
Hub or Telo?
Before or after router?
Land line integration or not?
Feeding house wiring or not?
Wired or cordless phones?
You get the idea. You can't give us too much information.
#50690 by problemo
Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:21 am
Hi, sorry about that.

Ok. Hub (and scout-- but even when scout isn't attached, same problem)
I have a Netgear modem/router combo and there is one line between the hub and this modem/router combo going to the "modem" slot in the hub
no landline integration (i originally had that and i was told by support that that was the problem, so I deconnected them and it is still exactly the same)
no use of the house wiring-- just attached to the modem and the phones
cordless phones
other info
the machines are lighting up blue and the sound quality in those brief moments when it works, is good.
#50691 by murphy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am
Is anything connected to the Home port of the hub?

Have you connected to
http://setup.ooma.com
from a computer connected to the Home port of the hub, gone to the Network page, clicked on the use built in MAC address button, and clicked update?

Does your modem/router have an outgoing firewall? If it does, try turning it off.

Did you port an old phone number or get a new phone number from Ooma?
#50694 by problemo
Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:30 am
Hi-- i did go to setup.ooma, but i didn't know what to do-- do I just press update, or do I enter anything?
according to netgear and timewarner, there is no firewall. i've gone on the netgear site, and there don't seem to be any ports that are being blocked--- there are no ports being forwarded either though. Should I just press update on the setup ooma site?