Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50569 by bing1
Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 pm
For clarification:

Hub1 works fine. The wifi is fine.

Problem comes when I plug in Hub2. The wifi goes down. Hub1 & Hub2 also cannot call out when Hub2 is plugged in.

When I remove Hub2 from the network, everything returns to normal. Hub1 is operational. Wifi is operational.
#50572 by murphy
Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:55 am
Are you connecting both hubs directly to the router?
If, by chance, you are putting them in series you have to change the IP address range that one of them issues.
#50629 by tommies
Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:29 pm
If your router has additional LAN ports (RG45 jack), try a different jack for hub2, it maybe a bad jack.

Also I would sub. Hub2 in place of hub1(out) just to see if hub2 is working.
#50633 by SDGeek
Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:08 pm
you might try changing the Ooma devices to use the built in Mac Address instead of automatic. This is in the device setup. Many references on the various forums on how to do this.
#50681 by bing1
Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 am
Thanks SDGeek, Tommies, Murphy. It works now. This is a wonderful community.

Didn't have to do anything special. No configuring macs.

I did test the ethernet ports and they all work properly. I did this by moving hub1 to the port where hub2 was connected. Hub 1 worked fine on the new port.

Then I disconnected hub1 and placed the cable into hub2. After awhile, hub2 registered and I was able to make a call out. So, hub2 is operational.

I then then placed another cable from the router at the original ethernet port to hub1. Hub1 registered. I was then able to call hub1 from hub2; and visa versa.

I guess maybe the initial registration process of a new hub may take a while longer and that the original hub may have to be taken off line before hub2 can be properly registered.

Now, my switch is connected to 2 hubs and 1 phillips skype voip device. All work well together.

Can' wait to port my final landlines to ooma.

Bye bye AT&T for their poor service people and paying those lazy techies to come out to fix my outside wire problems all the time they claiming its inside wire.