Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50462 by Oasis
Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 am
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Ooma device. It is connected to a Phone system (PBX) with DISA function*. My problem is, when the caller dials any number after the phone system answered the call, the Ooma does not transfer any number.

Internet -------- Ooma-------Phone system (PBX) ------------ Extensions 1 , Extensions 2, Extensions 3

In other word, after my phone system answered the call, the system will ask the user to dial the extension number. However, if the caller dials the extension number, the Ooma does not transfer any of the digits.

Could you please help me?

Thanks
Essa

DISA function: it is like a recorder will answer your call, then after dialing a number, it will transfer your call to a certain extension
#50463 by murphy
Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 am
If you have a hub, you are out of luck. Incoming touchtones (DTMF) are not supported and never will be.
If you have a Telo, incoming touchtones are not currently supported. That is supposed to change but no one knows when it will happen.
#50649 by Oasis
Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:54 am
Hi murphy …
First of all, thanks so much for the reply & sorry for the late response from my side.
The device I have is the Ooma Telo. I tried many times but still does not transfer the DTMF tone. I really need this feature.
#50651 by murphy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 am
Oasis wrote:Hi murphy …
First of all, thanks so much for the reply & sorry for the late response from my side.
The device I have is the Ooma Telo. I tried many times but still does not transfer the DTMF tone. I really need this feature.

As I said it is not currently supported. It as been promised but no time frame has been given.