No Blue light

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
akajustm
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:17 pm

No Blue light

Post by akajustm » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:05 am

We just got our second Ooma Hub and installed it and it is working but the blue light has never come on. The red and the orange lights come fine but when the unit comes up, no light. Is this something I should be concerned about? I mean it does work, we get a dial tone and all I'm just thinking it could be indicative of a bigger issue?

murphy
Posts: 7240
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: No Blue light

Post by murphy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:58 am

roadchild wrote:We just got our second Ooma Hub and installed it and it is working but the blue light has never come on. The red and the orange lights come fine but when the unit comes up, no light. Is this something I should be concerned about? I mean it does work, we get a dial tone and all I'm just thinking it could be indicative of a bigger issue?
Is the brightness knob on the right side turned up?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

akajustm
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: No Blue light

Post by akajustm » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:22 pm

murphy wrote: Is the brightness knob on the right side turned up?
I had to go and check and yes, all the way up. Since I am able to see the other colors I am just going to say I think it's just the blue light.

abbythird
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:51 am

Re: No Blue light

Post by abbythird » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:55 am

it happened to my unit 2 days ago too. I purchased a unit about 2 weeks and it works fine. blue light was on since yesterday.
when i come home there was not blue light on the unit, but the phone still working. you will see orange light on the number when you pick up the phone.

akajustm
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: No Blue light

Post by akajustm » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:09 am

abbythird wrote:it happened to my unit 2 days ago too. I purchased a unit about 2 weeks and it works fine. blue light was on since yesterday.
when i come home there was not blue light on the unit, but the phone still working. you will see orange light on the number when you pick up the phone.
Ahh well since no one really had an answer for me I emailed support and told them. I'm happy that the unit is working otherwise but I just wonder if this is a symptom of a bigger issue.

klcoll
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: No Blue light

Post by klcoll » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:59 pm

My blue light (we're talking ooma Core here, not Telo) was also suddenly missing yesterday. Turned out to be the dimmer (which doesn't seem to do anything at all except turn up/down the blue LED), and sure enough it had gotten turned all the way down somehow. LEDs hardly ever "burn out", so I'm thinking maybe it is in fact your dimmer? Make sure you're turning up the knob on the right side of the unit, not the left, which is the volume. This assumes it's a Core and not a Telo. Good luck.

akajustm
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: No Blue light

Post by akajustm » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:12 pm

It's not the dimmer, that was already suggested above. Also if it was the dimmer I wouldn't see the other lights which I do see. I appreciate the input but at this point I am going to have them send out a new unit to replace this one.

cumbi
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:57 am

Re: No Blue light

Post by cumbi » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:20 pm

I would like to know if roadchild got the lights to work or got a replacement. This just happened on my Telo. The Logo is blue but none of the other buttons show up blue. The red lights show and all buttons function, but no blue lights except for the Logo. Is my Telo shot?

akajustm
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: No Blue light

Post by akajustm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 pm

The blue light is still non-functional as is Ooma support. We opened a trouble ticket and we were told a replacement would be sent. Then apparently someone took it upon themselves to close the ticket. We got the ticket reopened and were asked the same questions over and over like they don't even know how their own device works. The service rep suggested that we should have tested the unit at the store before buying it. I explained that it was an online purchase and that, that was only 1 of the issues with his suggestion. The last thing we heard was we were to wait to hear back from the replacement department to see if they have a replacement to send. Pretty pitiful support to say the least. So good luck to ya in trying to get them to deal with the problem. I have no confidence at all that this is going to be resolved.

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: No Blue light

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:51 pm

roadchild wrote:The service rep suggested that we should have tested the unit at the store before buying it.
Classic! A bit of side effect with offshore.

Post Reply