Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50123 by thedougger
Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:16 pm
I have a Motorola integrated modem/router (SBC900 Gateway).

Since attempting to connect my OOMA hub, the tab is red with buttons 1, 2, forward, and fast forward all lite red.

Have talked three times to support , but no help in resolving (and still waiting for someone to call me back with ideas on next step). Any ideas?

In a side note, when rewiring my PC ethernet connection via the OOMA hub, my Squeezebox (internet radio device) will not work. When I put it back (bypassing the OOMA hub) so the PC connects directly to the router, everything works. Possible port contention issue?
#50125 by murphy
Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm
Are you power cycling the modem EVERY time you change what is connected to it?
#50154 by swedrows
Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:38 am
thedougger wrote:I have a Motorola integrated modem/router (SBC900 Gateway).

Since attempting to connect my OOMA hub, the tab is red with buttons 1, 2, forward, and fast forward all lite red.

Have talked three times to support , but no help in resolving (and still waiting for someone to call me back with ideas on next step). Any ideas?

In a side note, when rewiring my PC ethernet connection via the OOMA hub, my Squeezebox (internet radio device) will not work. When I put it back (bypassing the OOMA hub) so the PC connects directly to the router, everything works. Possible port contention issue?

how do you have your Ooma connected on the back of the device? is your ethernet cable plugged into the "home" port or the "modem" port? did you try unplugging everything from your modem/router so only the modem/router is connected to the internet, check that it works, then plug in the ooma and see if it will work? sometimes it is best to start fresh and go with one device at a time so that you can more easily identify what part of the setup is causing the problem
#50236 by thedougger
Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:58 pm
The ethernet cable out of my modem/router goes to the "modem" connection on my OOMA hub. The ethernet cable from "home goes to my PC.

The modem/router and OOMA hub have been powered off many times in an attempt to resolve issue. I have even swapped cables.

Day four has is now ending with still no response from OOMA customer support, and because I chose the option of having my existing phone number ported over, I have no land line to use either.
#50399 by royatpi
Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:38 am
Help, I'm not sure if I have the same problem. I connected Ooma to my cable modem and from there to my mac book pro. Worked like a charm. Then last week, I purchased the new airport extreme and I cant get my ooma to work. I tried connecting it back straight to the modem but I just get a steady orange light. I am so ready to give up.
I am not tech savy, but should I get a dedicated dsl line just for my ooma? Can I do that? My pc on cable wireless and ooma on dsl? Will that work.
#50424 by murphy
Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:49 am
royatpi wrote:Help, I'm not sure if I have the same problem. I connected Ooma to my cable modem and from there to my mac book pro. Worked like a charm. Then last week, I purchased the new airport extreme and I cant get my ooma to work. I tried connecting it back straight to the modem but I just get a steady orange light. I am so ready to give up.
I am not tech savy, but should I get a dedicated dsl line just for my ooma? Can I do that? My pc on cable wireless and ooma on dsl? Will that work.

Are you cycling the power of the cable modem EVERY time you change what is connected to it?
#51049 by thedougger
Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:18 pm
Called OOMA - this time was able to connect with a level 2 person. In 5 minutes he had my problem solved. Turns out my modem/router had a default firewall which had to be disabled before the OOMA connection would work.
#51061 by tommies
Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:10 pm
I'm glad that it works for you, and welcome to our forum.

However, I'm an advocate against turning off the firewall. It's your network defend. If it works with the firewall off, then it will work with the firewall on. You can try to open these port (for outgoing from ooma telo's ip/MAC address) on your router firewall. You can make it your weekend little project (i.e. reading your router manual)
ooma uses the following application ports for outbound data and voice traffic:
UDP 53, UDP 123, UDP 514, UDP 1194,UDP 3386, UDP 3480, UDP 10000-20000, TCP 53 and TCP 443.