Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50031 by oomanoob
Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:02 pm
My Ooma was delivered this past Fri. and I have been fighting with it ever since. I installed per directions and use option A. The ooma is between my modem and my router. When I first powered the unit up, I the lights went in the following sequence: blue 1 & 2, blue trash & message, blue message control, then straight to blinking blue Ooma logo. I let it go basically all weekend. It did get to a point where the logo would stay solid for a few seconds and then begin to blink again. I have called CS several times and we have tried putting the ooma behind the router. They said that the Ooma was downloading but doing it very slowly. Yesterday, while at work, I called to see what the telo was doing and the CS person said the the device had finished downloading and should be working when I get home. It was not. I still have the blinking blue light. I attempted a factory reset. The Ooma logo blinked blue and red alternatively for a few seconds and then went through the boot sequence again. At the end of the boot sequence, the Ooma logo was still blinking blue. Today I called to up my DSL service from At&t Ultra 1.5d/128u (although the speedtest had it as .31 up) to the Xtreme at 5.0d/410u (actual). I rebooted everything and I still have the blue blinking light. After several hours connected. The blue light will turn solid for a few seconds and then either turn "white" and then blink blue again or just go straight to blinking blue again. Setup.ooma.com currently displays the following:

Your ooma Network is Registering, please wait...
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Detecting...
Phone Line: connected
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

Network
MODEM: Connected : [w/ ip address]
HOME: Connected : [w/ ip address]
Ooma Tunnel: Disconnected

I am literally about to throw this thing through a wall if it does not start working. Can anyone see or think of anything that might be keeping this device from working? Btw, there is not a firewall built into my modem.
#50180 by dogdad
Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:08 am
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but ooma tunnel needs to show "connected". You might try taking the device to a neighbor or a friend or both and see if you get a better result. A friend's Telo was behaving similarly, with constant reboots every few minutes. It had been in service for a couple months. We determined that the device was defective when he brought it to my place for testing. His new telo is on it's way.