Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#49772 by sklebe
Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:52 pm
hi, just installed Ooma today. It is working great, even was able to use it to send faxes from my pc. The one question is that when I am calling out, the person I am calling is seeing the phone number and someone else's name on their phone's Caller ID. Does it take time for my name to be associated with the number that I picked today?
#49775 by southsound
Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:10 pm
First off, welcome to ooma and to the forums. Yes, it does take a while for the change to propagate. Common wisdom says about 10 business days - in reality it can take anywhere from a couple of days to several months. If it is still showing up with someone else's name two weeks from now, I'd place a call to ooma's customer support at 888 711-6662 and have them create a ticket on the issue.
#49777 by sklebe
Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:40 pm
Thanks, that is what I kind of figured. It would behoove them to note that in their user guide but you cannot cover everything!
#50314 by tims75vette
Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:09 am
I had this situation as well.

I read this thread, took southsound's advice and called customer service to create a ticket. That was just a few days ago. This morning I checked it and all was perfect.

I am totally and completely thrilled with the Ooma service. The people I tell about it are skeptical. They all look at me funny and figure there must be a catch. I am the guy in the group that trys all of the new stuff and have had some bad results( Majicjack for example). But, I have to tell ya, this Ooma is the S--T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It is invisible. Now that it is all set up and running it is if it isn't there. Just a phone and answering system with some really cool premium features.

Now, what to use the $52.00 I saved a month? Problem after problem!!!!!!!! :D
#50339 by southsound
Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:54 am
tims75vette wrote:Now, what to use the $52.00 I saved a month? Problem after problem!!!!!!!! :D

Maybe some nice new fuzzy dice for that '75 'vette?