Question About Phone Number - Keys

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Trekster

Question About Phone Number - Keys

Post by Trekster » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:18 am

In My Ooma, under Preferences, there is the Phone Number option. If I click on the only phone number showing I get a second page showing the number and some options. Following the number are key symbols [*] [*] [0] (star, star, zero). I must've missed something, but what are these key symbols for, or why are they associated with my number?
New Ooma Telo user - hoping for the best, since I've already tried two of the worst... MJ and TK6000

southsound

Re: Question About Phone Number - Keys

Post by southsound » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Your ooma will normally show on the called phone as your primary number caller ID - or if you have two numbers with one set up as a personal device, the primary number on shared devices and the secondary one on the personal device (you can choose this in my.ooma.com for that device). Using the **1 or **0 allows you to choose what caller ID your ooma sends to the called party.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Trekster

Post by Trekster » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:58 pm

southsound wrote:Your ooma will normally show on the called phone as your primary number caller ID - or if you have two numbers with one set up as a personal device, the primary number on shared devices and the secondary one on the personal device (you can choose this in my.ooma.com for that device). Using the **1 or **0 allows you to choose what caller ID your ooma sends to the called party.
Right now I don't actually see a way to make those choices, but I suppose that's because I only have just the one number at the present time.
New Ooma Telo user - hoping for the best, since I've already tried two of the worst... MJ and TK6000

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Hello,

Correct, your account currently shows one number. You need at least 2. You have trial premiere & you could add a 2nd number.

Trekster

Post by Trekster » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:25 pm

ntoy wrote:Hello,

Correct, your account currently shows one number. You need at least 2. You have trial premiere & you could add a 2nd number.
Thanks.