Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#49729 by Trekster
Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:18 am
In My Ooma, under Preferences, there is the Phone Number option. If I click on the only phone number showing I get a second page showing the number and some options. Following the number are key symbols [*] [*] [0] (star, star, zero). I must've missed something, but what are these key symbols for, or why are they associated with my number?
#49734 by southsound
Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:46 pm
Your ooma will normally show on the called phone as your primary number caller ID - or if you have two numbers with one set up as a personal device, the primary number on shared devices and the secondary one on the personal device (you can choose this in my.ooma.com for that device). Using the **1 or **0 allows you to choose what caller ID your ooma sends to the called party.
#49735 by Trekster
Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:58 pm
southsound wrote:Your ooma will normally show on the called phone as your primary number caller ID - or if you have two numbers with one set up as a personal device, the primary number on shared devices and the secondary one on the personal device (you can choose this in my.ooma.com for that device). Using the **1 or **0 allows you to choose what caller ID your ooma sends to the called party.

Right now I don't actually see a way to make those choices, but I suppose that's because I only have just the one number at the present time.
#49736 by ntoy
Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:02 pm
Hello,

Correct, your account currently shows one number. You need at least 2. You have trial premiere & you could add a 2nd number.
#49739 by Trekster
Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:25 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Correct, your account currently shows one number. You need at least 2. You have trial premiere & you could add a 2nd number.

Thanks.