Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50692 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 am
According to FCC, by late summer, ports should take only 1 business day. Of course the current rule is 4 days (really??!!). Technically, if your port is taking too long, you can file a FCC complaint against the carrier releasing your number.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/numbport.html

The Porting Period

The FCC has changed its number porting rules to shorten the porting period for “simple” ports from the current four days to one business day. The new deadline applies to all simple ports, including “intermodal” ports such as wireline to wireless, wireless to wireline, wireline or wireless to VoIP, or any other combination. Simple ports generally do not involve more than one line or more complex adjustments to telephone switching equipment. Wireline, wireless, and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers are required to meet this new, simple port deadline, which will take effect in late summer 2010 for most carriers. Small, rural carriers have a longer period, until the beginning of 2011, to meet the new porting deadline.
#51135 by BFAST
Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:29 am
I love Oooma!
Had my number ported on 3/12 but my internet connection went down. Ooma handled my porting with my carrier but my carrier disconnected my whole line. But that was no big deal because the number was ported and I could get my voicemails thru the web as they came in. My landline phone carrier AT&.. had 3 different orders running to my home. Each time I called my landline carrier they were messing my service up
On 3/22 my carrier arrived and did a rewiring and got me up and fully running. 30 days of my free premier service was shot because of this. I am hoping they extend my free trial service. Customer support was pretty quick each time, only once so far I waited 5 minutes for Oooma support. I'm finally up and running smooth.
Thank You Ooma this is the System I have been waiting for :D
#56004 by lacaco
Wed May 19, 2010 6:46 am
Well I just received my ooma yesterday on the 18th and after getting very frustrated with the people in customer support I am almost ready to tell them to cram this where the sun doesn't shine. I went through the porting process and than was told it would take 6 weeks, I spoke with a supervisor who was speaking to another supervisor in a foreign language (very bad form) and than told me that they might be able to move it up to 2 weeks. Than the supervisor said to me "when I knew that I ordered an ooma, why didn't I request the port than?" I told him that I didn't think that could be done, as it took almost a week to get me my telo. Anyway, then he offered me a temp phone # (none that were anywhere near my city in TX) and when I said that wasn't good as the #'s were long distance from here he got upset and said he is trying to help me but I am not helping him. I thought the customer is supposed to be king? Is this what I can expect from ooma?

Larry