Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#49353 by Jokari
Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:06 pm
It appears the telo base unit is up and running. I've not connected it to any landline I just wanted to use the ooma integrated handsets. I press the "antenna" button on the base...it flashes as expected. I get the prompt to input my PIN...I do. then it beeps and goes back to the "Input Pin" sep on the phone. Nothing works. I chrgd the handsets for over an hour prior to trying to sync them with the Telo base unit. Can anyone help? :x
#49365 by murphy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:00 am
Jokari wrote:It appears the telo base unit is up and running. I've not connected it to any landline I just wanted to use the ooma integrated handsets. I press the "antenna" button on the base...it flashes as expected. I get the prompt to input my PIN...I do. then it beeps and goes back to the "Input Pin" sep on the phone. Nothing works. I chrgd the handsets for over an hour prior to trying to sync them with the Telo base unit. Can anyone help? :x

Is the Telo online with the Ooma servers (are all of the buttons blue)?
Do you have dial tone on a phone connected to the Telo's phone jack?
Did you double check the pin that you got from your my.ooma.com account?
It takes 10 hours to fully charge a handset.
#49418 by Jokari
Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 am
Thanks for the quick response. As you'd expect, right after I sent out the plea for help the problem got resolved. I'll consider it mysterious but I'm sure there was some rational explanation for what happened. All of a sudden, I got one handset to sync and it immediately began downloading and installig a SW update. Having tasted success, I took my second handset and, viola! It too synced with the telo main unit and downloaded the SW update. What is troubling is that after 10 hours of charging...they were still charging. Hopefully they won't be when I get home from work. I think they should have designed the phones with Lithium Ion batteries instead of NiCads but that, I'm sure, will be left for the next version of the phone. :?
#49433 by murphy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am
Jokari wrote:Thanks for the quick response. As you'd expect, right after I sent out the plea for help the problem got resolved. I'll consider it mysterious but I'm sure there was some rational explanation for what happened. All of a sudden, I got one handset to sync and it immediately began downloading and installig a SW update. Having tasted success, I took my second handset and, viola! It too synced with the telo main unit and downloaded the SW update. What is troubling is that after 10 hours of charging...they were still charging. Hopefully they won't be when I get home from work. I think they should have designed the phones with Lithium Ion batteries instead of NiCads but that, I'm sure, will be left for the next version of the phone. :?

Actually they have NiMH batteries, not nicad.
Last edited by murphy on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
#49452 by crizyal
Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:23 am
I have the exact same problem as the OP has. I have been working on it for several days. I have done a factory reset to the telo by holding the play and delete at the point of red flashing logo. I also reset the handset and I keep having to enter the pin in a loop without it registering. My first handset registered with out an issue. Not sure what is going wrong with the second one. Any help would be appreciated.
#49454 by murphy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 am
crizyal wrote:I have the exact same problem as the OP has. I have been working on it for several days. I have done a factory reset to the telo by holding the play and delete at the point of red flashing logo. I also reset the handset and I keep having to enter the pin in a loop without it registering. My first handset registered with out an issue. Not sure what is going wrong with the second one. Any help would be appreciated.

Reset uses the stop and trash buttons. The play button is not involved.
#49464 by ntoy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:33 pm
Hello crizyal,

Looks like they sent an RMA to you. Can you send me a personal email
with your pin & I can validate for you.

Thx,
Norm