Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#49241 by nowitsmillertime
Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:37 pm
I am a new Ooma customer. I bought a Telo, ported my number over, and canceled my cable phone service. I still use cable as my internet provider. My office is a room in the house (old addition downstairs) that does not have a wall phone jack. I am trying to figure out how to get either my DISH VIP211k receiver (downstairs) or my DISH 722 DVR receiver (in my bedroom-upstairs) hooked up to my Ooma "phone line" so I won't be charged every month and so I can order Pay Per View easily. I already have an Easy Jack PX-211d that I purchased when we switched from cable to DISH Network, but now that my phone line is dead, it is no longer working.

I followed the Easy Jack instructions first for the upstairs DVR receiver and then for the downstairs receiver by doing the following: I pluged the base unit of the Easy Jack into an A/C outlet in the office near the Telo and connected a phone cord from the LINE port of the Easy Jack to the WALL port of the Telo. I then connected the Easy Jack extension unit to an A/C outlet near the DISH receiver and connected another phone cord from the DISH receiver to the Easy Jack extension unit. The light on the Easy Jack extension unit is green, but the Easy Jack base unit stays red. To be sure, I tried to test the phone line connection through the DISH remote and it said there is "No Connection".

After reading some posts, I learned that I should be able to "take over" the existing wall jacks in the house by plugging the Telo into a wall jack and disconnecting the outside phone lines from the house. However, since I don't have a phone/wall jack in the office, it doesn't appear to be an option.

Anyway, people on this site seem very knowledgeable, so I thought I'd see if any of you had a solution or any better recommendation of how I can solve this problem.

Thanks so much for any help/advice!
#49242 by murphy
Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:50 am
Dial tone comes from the Phone jack of the Telo. The only use for the Telo's wall jack is to integrate a land line which you don't have. Leave the wall jack empty.
#49247 by MakoCSH
Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:56 am
Use a splitter going from the phone jack on the Telo to your cordless phone, and also to the easy jack base. Doing that should connect you to the Easy Jack extensions. Then go into your Dish receiver settings and set *99 as the prefix. You should be good to go.

I use the Hub, but I assume the setup would be similar.