Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#48803 by fpsfreak209
Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 pm
i have the Buffalo WHR-G54S and ASUS WL-520gU both with dd-wrt,with the buffalo router it works fine but sometimes i can hear click sounds,the last time i tried with the asus router there was cut off problems,the reason i'm asking is because the asus router has better wireless range then the buffalo,is there anything i can change in the dd-wrt menu of either of these routers to make it sound way better?

i have a place for the 2nd place router,it'll be set as a wireless bridge for xbox1.the cradlepoint ctr-350 router(1 lan port) is where i tested the buffalo and asus router.all i did in the dd-wrt menu is set router as AP and disabled dhcp server.

edit: by the way i did a pingtest
#48837 by sldfjl
Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 am
marksan wrote:Use this firmware for the asus: http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=60185
It is especially designed for that router. It is the one I use with my unit and it works really well. The QoS is great for the Ooma. Make sure to have the Ooma setup on the main router and not the bridge.

I have the asus 520 gu also. The Tomato ND USB Mod works great after configuring qos. Read through the guides on that site, configuring qos requires a custom setup for your needs, but once you get it right, it works very well.
#49258 by ladysman
Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:27 am
I have an Asus RT-N16 and it's a wonderful router. Mine is abused at home and i've only had minor issues. None of which required a reboot. I'm using Teddy_Bear's ND 2.6 mod. Can't recommend it enough.

I'm not a fan of DD_WRT. I've tried it but didn't like it at all. It works but it's all in preference.
#49266 by caseybea
Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:39 am
Another vote here for TOMATO router firmware. I have a wrt54g router-- had run DD-WRT for a very long time (worked for me...), but when I got the ooma and it was finally time to set up QoS-- DD-WRT fell flat on its face - QoS didn't work right at all, major config vs gui problems and inconsistencies, etc. I then dropped DD-WRT- and Tomato's QoS works flawlessly. It's also pretty easy.