Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#48460 by mayorbrown
Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:08 am
My landline was scheduled to port on Feb 23. On the morning of Feb 24, it was no longer working and when I placed calls to it, I received a message indicating that the line was not operational. Today (24 hours later), the landline has not yet ported over to Ooma and I receive a message "cannot place call" when calling the landline. Ooma support had no information when I called on Feb 24, other than I was scheduled to port on Feb 23.

Is a 24+ hour outage common for porting?
#48461 by murphy
Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:37 am
mayorbrown wrote:My landline was scheduled to port on Feb 23. On the morning of Feb 24, it was no longer working and when I placed calls to it, I received a message indicating that the line was not operational. Today (24 hours later), the landline has not yet ported over to Ooma and I receive a message "cannot place call" when calling the landline. Ooma support had no information when I called on Feb 24, other than I was scheduled to port on Feb 23.

Is a 24+ hour outage common for porting?

No, up to about 8 hours would be normal. It sounds like they had too many to do on that day and didn't get to yours before quitting time.
#48632 by Mike-o-Matic
Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 pm
I'm reading this a while later, wondering if the port ever completed. Did it, yet?
#48644 by mayorbrown
Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:56 pm
Still no porting after 40 hours.

Called Ooma 3X and they are totally helpless. Asked to be transferred to a supervisor but none were available. Could not transfer me to the porting group either. Had my email address verified by each agent and was told that the porting group would contact me within 24-48 hours. I seriously doubt this will happen because I never received ANY emails from Ooma once I initiated the porting process.

I get the fact that these agents are offshore and don't have the greatest English skills, but I could overlook that if they were trained better. They have no idea how to triage this problem.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I might be able to escalate this?

BTW, the landline was with Verizon and they show that service was discontinued on Feb 23.
#48646 by caseybea
Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 pm
What a mess.

My port happened from AT&T (thankfully) but communications from the 'porting team' was nonexistant, and later inconsistent. For weeks, I never got an email telling me my porting date; after 4 calls I finally got one- but then the port didn't even happen on the day they told me it would.

Send a PM to Bobby and/or Dennis on this; your port status is absolutely horrible..
#48677 by shah123
Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:32 am
Ooma really need to improve the porting process. Same here. No email for two weeks after faxing the LOA. I had to call to get the status and they said that they have an estimated date which is about 3 and a half week from the day I faxed. I don't mind that, the issue is that Ooma never bothered to acknowledge the receipt of the fax, nor sent any email informing about an estimated date.
#48690 by gunfyter
Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:36 am
sfhub wrote:Something must be off because it seems some people get acknowledgment while others don't.

Yes... I was kept updated regularly. Its almost like there are different teams that get assigned different batches of port requests.... My experience is nothing like some of what I have read here....
#48704 by shah123
Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:24 pm
I wonder it is carrier dependent. Looks like some carriers don't require a hard signed copy of the LOA and some do. Mine is AT&T and it did. And some carriers respond faster than others. Apparently AT&T is the slowest or one of the slowest for sure.