Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#48667 by murphy
Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:48 am
Here are the "official" new reset instructions'

How to factory reset a Telo
========================

Since Telo firmware version 32829, the light sequence on factory reset is slightly different:

1. Power off the Telo unit, wait around 15 seconds, then power it back on,

2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,

3. The logo should then flash alternatively BLUE and RED,

4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!

5. The unit is factory reset and restarts by itself -- this is shown by the fact that line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue, then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row .....
#48681 by PetalumaRealtor
Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:03 am
To reset the telo handset press the red button for about 3 seconds until the handset turns off. Next press the 0 and left softkey while pressing the red button briefly to power back on. The handset is now reset.
#48694 by hingli
Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:40 am
murphy wrote:I have just verified that the following sequence resets my Telo.
I have to put back all of my modifications and re-register my handset once I do this.

Execute a factory reset on the Telo.
NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE ALL NETWORK AND QOS SETTINGS.

Unplug the power from the back of the Telo, wait 15 seconds, and reconnect.
As the Telo boots up, it will turn on each row of keys in order.
When the bottom row turns off, after about 31 scans to the right, and the logo starts to flash red, press and "stop" and "trash" buttons at the same time and hold.
The logo will then start to alternate between blue and red.
Keep holding the "stop" and "trash" buttons until the logo turns solid blue.
You can then release the buttons.
The logo will stay blue for awhile.
There will be a single red flash.
The 1 and 2 lights will come on which is the beginning of the normal boot up process.
After the Telo goes back into service, configure any network or QoS settings that would have been erased.

I have tried the steps but after the blue logo it just boots as normal. It did not reboot.
#48697 by hurl03
Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:43 am
murphy wrote:Here are the "official" new reset instructions'

How to factory reset a Telo
========================

Since Telo firmware version 32829, the light sequence on factory reset is slightly different:

1. Power off the Telo unit, wait around 15 seconds, then power it back on,

2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,

3. The logo should then flash alternatively BLUE and RED,

4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!

5. The unit is factory reset and restarts by itself -- this is shown by the fact that line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue, then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row .....

Well, I make it to Step 4, and then the solid bright blue goes to dim blue and never does anything after that. Interestingly, the phone works with only the dim blue light on and no others. Kind of like I put the unit in a "dark" mode, with only the ooma light illuminated.

If I could only get to the ever elusive step 5...
#48727 by murphy
Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:58 pm
Do you have your lights turned off?
There is a known condition if the lights are turned off and you disconnect the internet for 5 minutes and then reconnect it only the logo will be lit.
#48728 by hingli
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:00 pm
murphy wrote:Do you have your lights turned off?
There is a known condition if the lights are turned off and you disconnect the internet for 5 minutes and then reconnect it only the logo will be lit.

I having the same issue as hurl03 and my lights are on the highest setting.
#48735 by hurl03
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:24 pm
murphy wrote:Do you have your lights turned off?

Lights on before attempting reset.

What showed some promise was I disconnected the telo from the network. Got me as far as the solid blue and logo flashing red than going out - but no play button illumination or system rebooting.

Still not able to register the replacement handsets.
#125382 by BLL
Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:02 pm
is there some other/better way to do this? I followed the instructions and as soon as it started to flash red i held down stop and trash but all it did was keep blinking red faster and faster. when i released the stop and trash buttons after about 30 seonds, it turned solid blue. I don't think it actually reset anything.
#125384 by Tom
Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:48 pm
You can dial *#*#099 to issue a factory reset, but know that a factory reset is only needed if you forgot what you changed (or can no longer access setup.ooma) and wish to reset to default settings. If you made no changes then no reason to do a factory reset.
#125409 by BLL
Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:11 am
I see, so it won't roll back to original firmware that was on the device or anything like that?