Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#48118 by whnovak
Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 am
I have installed Modem-Telo-Router and this appears to have reduced internet download speeds. How do I install Modem-Router-Telo?
#48122 by mthomtech
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 am
Just hook Telo to one of your router ports (or data port in the house that's connected to the router). How fast if your internet connection? If you have plenty of bandwidth upstream and downstream, this configuration works fine.
#48132 by hpepper
Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 am
whnovak wrote:I have installed Modem-Telo-Router and this appears to have reduced internet download speeds. How do I install Modem-Router-Telo?

I found putting MODEM > ROUTER > TELO works fine for me and I use QOS in the router. I give high priority to the port the Telo is on and low priority to everything else and my Internet access speeds seem to be fine, while calls are crystal clear.
#48178 by amoney
Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:28 pm
I would recommend trying to figure the possible issue out. You may be sabatoging your call quality if there is a issue.

If your not on a call and your internet appears slow then that should not be. Other people have had similar experiences and discovered a bigger issue that was corrected.

First thing you need to get speed/performance readings.

With just your computer connected to the modem check the following:

http://www.speakeasy.net

http://whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html

then repeat with modem>ooma>computer, then add in your router (modem>ooma>router>computer) and test and see.
#48245 by whnovak
Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 am
I have connected Telo (to Internet) to Router Port 1 and get red blinking symbol on Telo. Router is connected to modem (internet). Any suggestions?
#48249 by ntoy
Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 am
Hello whnovak,

Logfile appears to show that your Ooma is up & running.
Sometimes, the firmware updates take a little time to update especially when
the device is first plugged in.