Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#48103 by wrj
Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:59 am
Is there a way to get status on my porting? I completed every thing asked for (emailing both the signed LOA and copy of my phone bill in Jan). Jan 29th I received an email saying I would receive an email in 5-7 business days about the port date. Well three weeks has elapsed last Friday and still not a word. I called CS Feb 12th and they said it would happen the following Wednesday. Nothing happen. I called CS again Feb 19th and that individual could tell me nothing. I even asked are you sure someone is working on the porting and it hasn't fallen into the proverbial black-hole. He said they are working on it. I asked him how he knows this. I didn't get any sensible answer.

All I want to know is if someone is actively working the porting, if there is an issue where's the problem, and is there an estimated timeframe. Is calling CS the only recourse since they have been less than helpful.
#48104 by DTMF
Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:28 am
I received email with an ETA on my porting request within a few days of submitting it. The estimate turned out to be a few days longer than the request actually took. I received another email the morning that the port was completed.
#48124 by mthomtech
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 am
Unfortunately the bulk of the wait is due to the telco that's got your number currently. They like to drag their feet since they are losing your business.
#48149 by wrj
Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm
mthomtech wrote:Unfortunately the bulk of the wait is due to the telco that's got your number currently. They like to drag their feet since they are losing your business.

This I wouldn't doubt for a second.
#48237 by F4ith
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 am
I am wondering that myself too. So far I have received 3 identical emails from Ooma support saying my porting date will be on 02/23/2010 (Today).

Edit: Received email on 1:23 PM stating that my number has been ported successfully to Ooma. Call log also shows both incoming/outgoing called ID. I can't wait to disconnect the phone cable from COX on my Ooma Hub.
#48684 by wrj
Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 am
I just received an email from Ooma support that my porting will occur Mar 5 which is 5 weeks after I signed up for the port and got the confirmation from Ooma.