Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#47975 by skyceltis
Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:40 pm
Since installing mu Ooma Telo, I am getting an annoying extended beep from the printer whenever anything is printed.

I have the Ooma wired after after the Cable Modem and before my Router. The printer is a networked device.

Everything else works fine and I never had any printer beep issue before I installed the Ooma Telo.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the beep?

Overall, the installation was quick, went very smoothly, and the Ooma Telo works very well.
#47985 by amoney
Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:56 am
Test by simply disonnecting your router from your Telo so you wont have a internet connection, then try to print again on your local network and see.

What model printer is this?
#47989 by southsound
Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:45 am
It might be something as simple as a printer signal that tells of a low ink condition - or maybe the option for the printer to signal a finished print job got turned on by mistake.
#48058 by skyceltis
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:45 pm
I do appreciate the suggestions.

I checked more and found the beep to be coming from my UPS, which my printer and Ooma Telo were plugged into.

When I plugged my printer into a separate (non-UPS) outlet, the the annoying beep (which I now know was coming from the UPS) when I print stopped. The printer does not really need to be on the UPS anyway.

My UPS is an APC ES 750.

I don't know why this beep issue started when I installed my Ooma Telo. No matter, I am even more of a very happy Ooma Telo user now.
#48096 by murphy
Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 am
Printers should never be connected to the power backup outlet on an UPS. Especially if it is a laser printer. My laser printer draws about 1.5 KW when it wakes up from sleep. You would need a really huge UPS to handle that load.
#48238 by F4ith
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:41 am
skyceltis wrote:I do appreciate the suggestions.

I checked more and found the beep to be coming from my UPS, which my printer and Ooma Telo were plugged into.

When I plugged my printer into a separate (non-UPS) outlet, the the annoying beep (which I now know was coming from the UPS) when I print stopped. The printer does not really need to be on the UPS anyway.

My UPS is an APC ES 750.

I don't know why this beep issue started when I installed my Ooma Telo. No matter, I am even more of a very happy Ooma Telo user now.

Whenever your UPS is reaching its capacity limit, it will beep. Printers will draw more electricity when it prints or wake up from stand by.