Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#47913 by SamFelis
Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:44 am
Problem: We cannot make or receive calls via our wall jack phones (no Ooma dial tone).

We *can* make/receive calls to phone connected directly to Ooma Hub.

Our configuration is as follows:

Ooma Hub (connected to Router, Wall Jack, local telephone)
FIOS 10/2
landline number ported
Home wiring disconnected from NIB
Configured Hub to integrate with home wiring on activation

I've plugged the Hub into different wall jacks using different cords, but the status remains the same. This is a new installation (our number just finished porting yesterday).

Any suggestions for what else I should do to make the house phones work w/ the Hub?
#47914 by ntoy
Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:53 am
Hello,

Do you have scouts plugged into the wall jacks?

"Wall" port on the back of the Ooma hub needs to be plugged into a physical wall jack(For example: wall jack A) & a phone plugged into the "phone" port

"Wall" port on the back of the Ooma scout needs to be plugged into another physical wall jack(For example: wall jack B)& a phone plugged into the "phone" port
#47918 by SamFelis
Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:19 am
No...no scouts are in the house. Based on what I've read on the forums, I didn't think they were necessary.

Other than that, here's the connections:

ooma Hub -> Ethernet
ooma Hub -> Wall Port -> Wall Jack
ooma Hub -> Phone Port -> Phone

The Phone plugged into the ooma Hub works fine. It's the phones plugged into the other wall jacks in other rooms that are DOA.
#47919 by murphy
Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:22 am
SamFelis wrote:No...no scouts are in the house. Based on what I've read on the forums, I didn't think they were necessary.

Other than that, here's the connections:

ooma Hub -> Ethernet
ooma Hub -> Wall Port -> Wall Jack
ooma Hub -> Phone Port -> Phone

The Phone plugged into the ooma Hub works fine. It's the phones plugged into the other wall jacks in other rooms that are DOA.

Leave the hub wall jack empty and use the splitter that came with the hub to connect building wall jack and your phone to the hub phone jack.

The hub wall jack does not provide a dial tone. It is used to connect to a scout and / or to integrate a land line.
#47920 by ntoy
Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:25 am
Hello,

If you do not have scouts and you are attempting to pass Ooma dialtone throughout the house,
you need to:

ooma Hub -> Phone Port -> Physical wall jack (ex: Wall jack A)

Then check Wall jack B for Ooma dialtone.

If you do not hear anything, there maybe an issue with the physical wiring.