Number Porting Questions

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
ladysman
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Nothing has happened yet. We keep getting calls at the landline phone but there is nobody there. This has never happened. However the day isn't over yet. :P
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

ladysman
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 am

So now we can dial out on our landline phone but we can't receive calls. SO am i halfway there? :P

I just want to make sure we didn't lose our number.
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

amoney
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by amoney » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 am

I am begining to fear its going to be a long weekend for you.

Rest assured you wont lose your number.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

ladysman
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 am

amoney wrote:I am begining to fear its going to be a long weekend for you.

Rest assured you wont lose your number.
It's not that big of a deal really. No one calls me on that line except my grandparents and that's once a week. My inlaws call to talk to the kids but they already know to call the cell phones for a few days.

Like I said, I was more worried about losing the number.

I just want to make sure there isn't anything I need to do. I'm bored today. :D
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

ladysman
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 am

Well, I have good news! :D

I rebooted my ooma device about 2 hours ago and it seems that may have finished the porting for me. Of course, could be coincidental, who knows. Either way, i'm fully ported. I also received an email from ooma saying my account number is different which is now the number i ported over.

I immediately disconnected the line from outside the house and connected the ooma box directly to the panel in my house. All of my phones work fine. I only have 1 5 phone Uniden 5.8ghz system (Old Uniden Elite phone system) and 1 corded phone upstairs.

Now, do I need to cancel my verizon landline or is this automatic?
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

ntoy

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ntoy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Hello,

Some cancellations are automatic with your former provider, but it doesn't hurt to call them to make sure so that they do not continue to bill you.

ladysman
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:25 pm

ntoy wrote:Hello,

Some cancellations are automatic with your former provider, but it doesn't hurt to call them to make sure so that they do not continue to bill you.

Is it safe to do that now or do I need to wait a few days?

I also wanted to note that from the time I started the port process to it's completion date was just less than 3 weeks. :D February 1st - Started
February 20th - Completed

I had a standard Verizon Landline and my ISP is comcast. If that helps, just thought I would add that info.
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

ntoy

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ntoy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Hello,

No need to wait a few days. Everything completed on 2/20 & is hitting our network.
You can give Verizon a call to confirm.

wrj
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by wrj » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 am

Is there a way to get status on my porting? I completed every thing asked for (emailing both the signed LOA and copy of my phone bill in Jan). Jan 29th I received an email saying I would receive an email in 5-7 business days about the port date. Well three weeks has elapsed last Friday and still not a word. I called CS Feb 12th and they said it would happen the following Wednesday. Nothing happen. I called CS again Feb 19th and that individual could tell me nothing. I even asked are you sure someone is working on the porting and it hasn't fallen into the proverbial black-hole. He said they are working on it. I asked him how he knows this. I didn't get any sensible answer.

All I want to know is if someone is actively working the porting, if there is an issue where's the problem, and is there an estimated timeframe. Is calling CS the only recourse since they have been less than helpful.

ladysman
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Number Porting Questions

Post by ladysman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:23 am

wrj wrote:Is there a way to get status on my porting? I completed every thing asked for (emailing both the signed LOA and copy of my phone bill in Jan). Jan 29th I received an email saying I would receive an email in 5-7 business days about the port date. Well three weeks has elapsed last Friday and still not a word. I called CS Feb 12th and they said it would happen the following Wednesday. Nothing happen. I called CS again Feb 19th and that individual could tell me nothing. I even asked are you sure someone is working on the porting and it hasn't fallen into the proverbial black-hole. He said they are working on it. I asked him how he knows this. I didn't get any sensible answer.

All I want to know is if someone is actively working the porting, if there is an issue where's the problem, and is there an estimated timeframe. Is calling CS the only recourse since they have been less than helpful.

I suggest you open your own thread so that you can receive the attention I did. I don't care you posted the above, it's just a suggestion. Seems that some carriers take longer than others as well.
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

Post Reply