Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#45417 by tigercruise
Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:13 am
With all of the numerous complaints about the handset, I am hesitant to buy one. Have the bugs been worked out of the handset? If so, how would I know what "version" I am buying. Thanks.
#45418 by murphy
Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:17 am
To my knowledge there is only one version of the hardware.
It's firmware will be automatically updated to the latest version once it is put into service.
#45486 by amoney
Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:25 pm
Buy from a retailer with a return policy, try it out and decide for yourself. It appears some have issues, one user indicated that the first handset worked out well, so he got another handset and then had issues.

I myself feel that I have been spoiled by my previous handsets, that I could not tolerate the Telo handset. I was going to try but all the issues, I changed my mind.
#45783 by billc
Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:25 am
I would suggest you wait until the bugs are worked out. I purchased one from Best Buy and it worked for two weeks and then stopped. It was stuck in auto registration mode for over a week. I replaced it at Best Buy and have the same problem with the second one! I have been waiting for two weeks for ooma level 3 support to call back. (was told it would be 24-48 hours). I called back and after a week had gone by and was asked to run thru all the diagnostics again, i.e. resetting telo, handset, etc. The support staff told me they would escalate the call but still no response. It is getting extremely frustrating.

I am happy with the Telo but purchased the Premier subscription to have the second line for when I would in my home office.

Again, I suggest you wait until you start seeing feedback on the forums that they have fixed the issues with the handsets!