Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44649 by Ron83
Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:26 pm
I have the Telo for two days now and looked at the support page one day and saw that there is an Ooma setup web interface. I have tried to access it via setup.ooma.com and http://172.27.35.1/. All I can see is the "Ooma Setup" header at the top of the webpage and "Navigation" menu on the left side, but I don't see anything in the body or middle of the webpage.

Two things I have already tried...
1) Connected ethernet cable from "Home" port to computer directly. I did not reboot anything.
2) I did the same as #1, but rebooted modem and Telo.
3) With these connections (modem to telo to router) and accessed via Telo IP

Any clues how come it is not working.
#44651 by murphy
Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:36 pm
Turn off your anti-virus software. Kaspersky (sp) is known to be a problem.
#44652 by Groundhound
Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:37 pm
Ron83 wrote:I have the Telo for two days now and looked at the support page one day and saw that there is an Ooma setup web interface. I have tried to access it via setup.ooma.com and http://172.27.35.1/. All I can see is the "Ooma Setup" header at the top of the webpage and "Navigation" menu on the left side, but I don't see anything in the body or middle of the webpage.

1) Connected ethernet cable from "Home" port to computer directly. I did not reboot anything.

It's missing some html tags and is not compatible with some browsers like Chrome. Try it in Firefox or IE.
#44684 by Ron83
Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:15 am
Still nothing. Here is the error I get in IE:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage...

"This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.
•The website is temporarily unavailable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section."
#44691 by Groundhound
Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:31 am
Ron83 wrote:Still nothing. Here is the error I get in IE:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage...

"This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.
•The website is temporarily unavailable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section."

As murphy stated above, Kaspersky AV is also a possible cause for this issue.
#44909 by minime
Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:51 pm
Ron83 wrote:I have the Telo for two days now and looked at the support page one day and saw that there is an Ooma setup web interface. I have tried to access it via setup.ooma.com and http://172.27.35.1/. All I can see is the "Ooma Setup" header at the top of the webpage and "Navigation" menu on the left side, but I don't see anything in the body or middle of the webpage.

I just wrestled with trying to access the web interface myself. I ultimately succeeded and may have some ideas for you based on my experience.

Connecting your computer directly to the "Home" port works by allowing the Telo to take over network control of your computer. In order to accomplish that, your computer has to use DHCP services provided by the Telo. It is also best to not have any other paths to the network such as wireless or another network interface card. Once that is accomplished, your computer and the Telo will happily converse together and you'll get full access to the web page.

Here's how to make the required connection using a Windows based computer. Other OS's will be much the same, but the commands and/or rebooting requirements will be different, no doubt.

On your computer, disconnect or disable your wireless connection. Connect your ethernet cable between your computer's network port and the "Home" port of the Telo. Next, you must force your computer to make its network connection to the Telo. You can either reboot your computer, or bring up a command window and enter some commands. The commands to enter are "ipconfig /release" followed by enter. Then "ipconfig /renew" and enter.

After you have either rebooted the computer or entered the ipconfig commands, you should be good to go. Enter "setup.ooma.com" into your web browser and the setup page will pop up.

When you are done, you can put things back to normal by disconnecting from the Telo and reconnecting to your own network as you were before, either with an ethernet card or a wireless connection. Again, you may need to reboot or issue the same ipconfig commands, although wireless connections generally are pretty good about automatically reconnecting.

Good luck!
#44918 by southsound
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:35 pm
minime wrote:I just wrestled with trying to access the web interface myself. I ultimately succeeded and may have some ideas for you based on my experience.

Pretty nice post for your first entry into the ooma forums! A hearty welcome and "we're glad you are here" from all of us. The only additional thing I would add is that if you have OpenDNS selected on your computer you may need to access the setup page using the IP address noted earlier: http://172.27.35.1

I hope you continue to visit the forum and contribute as you feel appropriate. Your tips are clear and concise - even for a new user. I am sure your posts will help many! :cool:
#45081 by Ron83
Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 pm
It's was BitDefender causing the issue for me. I disabled BitDefender's Virus, Spyware and Firewall. Thanks!
#45103 by tommies
Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:29 pm
Ron83 wrote:It's was BitDefender causing the issue for me. I disabled BitDefender's Virus, Spyware and Firewall. Thanks!

This is a bad practice, try to add 172.27.35.1 to your antivirus/firewall Safe/trusted zone
#45145 by Ron83
Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:21 pm
tommies wrote:
Ron83 wrote:It's was BitDefender causing the issue for me. I disabled BitDefender's Virus, Spyware and Firewall. Thanks!

This is a bad practice, try to add 172.27.35.1 to your antivirus/firewall Safe/trusted zone

Very true. That is why I disabled it temporarily just to adjust the QoS.