Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44585 by underpar
Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:55 am
I have a ooma telo. I just added my landline to the telo. Already had the initial cable line line plugged in. I now have two lines in the telo. All my calls are going diretly to voicemail. I have requested my landline number to be ported. This has not occurred as of yet. Should I disconnect the landline from the back of telo until the number has been ported? Also, when all is done, will I be able to have two different answering messages, one for each line?
#44633 by Sharon818
Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:08 pm
I'm having the same problem. I have the Ooma Hub and I've already made calls successfully, so everything's working. I just called my home phone from my cell and it went directly to voicemail. I don't have any of the boxes checked to send anything to voicemail or to block hidden numbers.
#44643 by inrame
Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:01 pm
do you have the DND (do not disturb) button activated on your Hub (the button with the picture of an envelope)?

especially on the original hub, sometimes the light level (dial on right side of hub) is so low you can't tell that the button is lit which sends calls to VM.
#44675 by Sharon818
Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:15 pm
inrame wrote:do you have the DND (do not disturb) button activated on your Hub (the button with the picture of an envelope)?

especially on the original hub, sometimes the light level (dial on right side of hub) is so low you can't tell that the button is lit which sends calls to VM.

No, not on my end...I wish it were that easy. Thanks, though!
#44781 by inrame
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:06 am
underpar wrote:I have a ooma telo. I just added my landline to the telo. Already had the initial cable line line plugged in. I now have two lines in the telo. All my calls are going diretly to voicemail. I have requested my landline number to be ported. This has not occurred as of yet. Should I disconnect the landline from the back of telo until the number has been ported? Also, when all is done, will I be able to have two different answering messages, one for each line?

you mentioned you "just added my landline to the Telo"... does that mean when you initially set it up, you had it setup without a landline, then you decided to have it work with the landline, so you plugged just plugged in the phone line? if so, when you initially setup your Telo it asked if you want to use the system with a landline or not. if you change your mind later, you will have to call customer service and have the re-provision the hub.