Took another peek at your log & it maybe having trouble with the upgrade. Was power unplugged on the telo at any time during the upgrade? If you already confirmed firewall/security has been disabled, internet speed & jitter are fine, you may want to consider returning back to place of purchase for another one. Otherwise, you may want to contact our support center to have them RMA your unit per my request.
I have discovered that the info Earthlink provided me was inaccurate - I actually have a Netopia 3341-ELK modem. I don't believe I have access to configure the internal settings. FWIW, Earthlink stated that the Ooma Telo IS compatible with their equipment. I don't know if they are blowing smoke at me.
I will proceed to return the unit to the vendor. It will be several days before I receive a replacement so I am free to try whatever you deem appropriate.
And yes, I have tried both
Thanks again for your kind replies.