Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44408 by oldebondo
Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:32 am
I have tried both configs 2A and 2B numerous times to no avail. Software will not update. I have emailed Ooma CS and no reply. I have emailed this moderator and no reply. I posted my problem in another thread and no reply. One last request for help please. I am ready to send it back.
#44411 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:55 am
oldebondo wrote:I have tried both configs 2A and 2B numerous times to no avail. Software will not update. I have emailed Ooma CS and no reply. I have emailed this moderator and no reply. I posted my problem in another thread and no reply. One last request for help please. I am ready to send it back.

Not enough info about your Internet connection, modem, router, etc. for any users here to help much. I would call customer service instead of email.
#44422 by oldebondo
Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 am
Thank you for your response Greyhound! I am not a guru here and I appreciate your help.

Router: D-Link DI-524 model
ISP: Earthlink DSL Internet 1.5mbps connection
Modem: Zyxel 660R model

How else can I help someone out there who wants to get me going?
#44423 by Aveamantium
Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 pm
ntoy seems to be the one that will be able to help you should you have a corrupt image on your telo (one of the causes of a flashing blue logo). However, he would need to check your logs to find out...

By the way it is Groundhound... :)
#44425 by Aveamantium
Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 pm
Did you by chance when you signed up click the integrated land line option? If it is looking for a landline and you don't have an active one plugged in you could also see this issue.
#44436 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:37 pm
oldebondo wrote:Thank you for your response Greyhound! I am not a guru here and I appreciate your help.

Router: D-Link DI-524 model
ISP: Earthlink DSL Internet 1.5mbps connection
Modem: Zyxel 660R model

How else can I help someone out there who wants to get me going?

If you google your modem model and port forwarding you will see that there are a number of references on how to configure it. Apparently it is also a firewall NAT router and could be blocking access to ports that your Telo needs to communicate with Ooma's servers.
#44441 by oldebondo
Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:58 pm
I understand what the jist is in your statements but I'm sorry that I am nebulous as how to implement your suggestion. Could you please give me a few bullet points in process order?
#44447 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm
oldebondo wrote:I understand what the jist is in your statements but I'm sorry that I am nebulous as how to implement your suggestion. Could you please give me a few bullet points in process order?

The specific instructions for your modem's firewall would be in your user manual for the modem. See if you can turn the firewall features of the modem off - it's just duplicating what your router is supposed to do and the way it is now with option 2A you would have three NAT routers daisy chained together, modem>ooma>router, which you don't need. You might be better off to run your modem in bridge mode and have Ooma handle PPPoE login (for 2A) or your router handle it for 2B. Activating bridge mode in your modem (if available) would also be described in your user manual.
#44469 by ntoy
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:50 pm
Hello,

The log doesn't show that the image is corrupted, but I am seeing zero bytes of data in the attempts on the firmware update. So, it could be firewall/security or port blocking. Yes, Groundhound is providing the correct guidance. You may want to see if you can access your modem or router through your browser. Config settings vary on some routers/modems. Once you gain access, see if you can find a check box that says 'Firewall" & go ahead & uncheck it.

Have you tried?

Modem>router>Ooma or Modem>telo