Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44359 by crwmlw
Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 am
Ok can someone help me out. I have a Linksys WRT54G router and comcast high speed cable internet. My current configuration is as follows. The ethernet cable from the cable modem goes into the ooma hub then from the ooma hub to the wireless router, from the wireless router I have a hardwired ethernet cable going to my pc, another to my directv DVR and another going to another room. My question is it possible that ooma can somehow block my Directv DVR from seeing the other computers on the network? I was able to view pictures and movies from my PC on Directv DVR but had not done it in a while and now I cant. I did a network test on the Directv DVR and it passes soI am connected. Any ideas?
#44381 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:42 am
crwmlw wrote:Ok can someone help me out. I have a Linksys WRT54G router and comcast high speed cable internet. My current configuration is as follows. The ethernet cable from the cable modem goes into the ooma hub then from the ooma hub to the wireless router, from the wireless router I have a hardwired ethernet cable going to my pc, another to my directv DVR and another going to another room. My question is it possible that ooma can somehow block my Directv DVR from seeing the other computers on the network? I was able to view pictures and movies from my PC on Directv DVR but had not done it in a while and now I cant. I did a network test on the Directv DVR and it passes soI am connected. Any ideas?

In the configuration you describe the LAN communication between your PC and your DirecTv DVR is handled by your router, your Ooma Hub would not be involved. The feature you're having problems with, DirecTv's "Media Share" can be a bit tricky, you will likely find help at the DirecTv forum for Media Share located here: http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/forums/displayrootposts?msgBoardID=10177903
#44499 by crwmlw
Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:57 pm
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it and will check that out. Thanks
#44507 by amoney
Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:14 pm
Did it work when you installed the Ooma long ago.

Can you PING the DVR from your PC.

Any changes made to your PC, such as Antivirus, firewall etc. Can another computer PING your PC on your local area network?
#44545 by crwmlw
Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:57 am
To be honest I didnt always use the media share on Directv. Just here and there. I dont think I attempted to use it since ooma. All the other computers can see each other no problem on the network. I dont know how to ping the DVR.