Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44336 by mantry
Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:04 pm
According to my wife who wrote this down. This is what a NORMAL boot sequence looks like for the TELO.
Note: This would be after the first boot/update/configure/etc.

a) numbers 1 and 2 go ‘blue’ – solid blue – then turn off
b) trash and folder go ‘blue’ – solid blue – then turn off
c) bottom row goes from left to right (rewind, stop, play forward) ‘blue’ – in a sequential pattern (this is the longest time) – then turn off
d) middle circle (OOMA symbol) flashes red – slowly then faster – until it finally turns solid ‘blue’
e) once that is done – everything turns on (solid blue)

She said that this process takes about 2 mins from start to finish.
#44351 by oldanbo
Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:06 pm
Good post!

Kudos to you and the Ms.

I don't recall seeing this accurate of a description for the light sequence being posted before.
Regardless of my memory, or lack thereof, keep up your observations. I think they can be helpful to others.

Regards,
Dan

P.S. Note to mods, If this has not been posted b4, you may want to make it a sticky or add to FAQs.
#44365 by amoney
Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:26 am
There are some videos on youtube, but now I cant find them. The process is as discribed above.

BUT, I found this youtube video and shows a different process, there is no left to right scroll, and Ooma only flashes blue. Other people have question this start up sequence being differnt from what is normally discribed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVk4XtFegcE

I wonder if it could be a different firmware/hardware etc. Note on my Ooma Telo box it says REV B. There was another youtube video showing the left to right, I just cant find it.
#44388 by murphy
Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:37 am
The early firmware did not scroll the bottom row of lights.
That was added recently.
#44509 by amoney
Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:31 pm
Aveamantium wrote:Let me add that the scrolling lights go 27 and 1/2 times... :D

:D :D
#44510 by amoney
Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:36 pm
TWO FOR ONE...

Ha found a keyword search here in Ooma that found the video I was initially looking for, luckily this keyword is rarely used here and that how I found the video again, whew.

Anyways, here is a video reset procedure of the Telo, it also shows the scrolling lights and flashing red logo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNW7BqAftQw

I still am confused about the threads with the flashing blue Ooma logo, whats the meaning/difference? Obviously the flashing red cant connect to Ooma servers. Flashing blue means what exactly?
#44518 by oldanbo
Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 pm
I still am confused about the threads with the flashing blue Ooma logo, whats the meaning/difference? Obviously the flashing red cant connect to Ooma servers. Flashing blue means what exactly?[/quote]

You're being pulled over......just kidding! :P
#44519 by amoney
Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 pm
oldanbo wrote:
amoney wrote:I still am confused about the threads with the flashing blue Ooma logo, whats the meaning/difference? Obviously the flashing red cant connect to Ooma servers. Flashing blue means what exactly?

You're being pulled over......just kidding! :P

Oh dam is that what that suppose to mean!!!

lol, nice catch there OLDANBO!