Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44174 by many110
Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 am
I was able to register my telo properly and I was able to make/receive calls. I did not realize that by me changing my firewall settings that the Telo would be affected. After resetting my firewall settings I still can not get my Telo to connect. I have tried to do a Factory reset and the same thing happens.
I power down the system (for about 2 min.) then start back up and I see the 1,2 light up, then the trash can and envelope and then the bottom row glows from left to right. After that the logo will not stop blinking red. The 1, 2, trash, envelope, play and forward keys all stay lit. If I pick up the phone, hear a busy signal and the"1" will turn red. Once I hang-up the "1" will stop glowing. Any suggestions on what is going on with my Telo and how I get it to work again? Thank you. :|
#44180 by hpepper
Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 am
I am guessing it is trying to do a firmware update - new Telos always do that. Maybe your firewall is blocking it. Can you temporarily put the Telo just after your DSL or Cable modem until it finishes updating? It is updating when the logo is blinking red. Give it a good 30 minutes at least to complete updating . Then when it goes to blue, then try to put all back to where you want it in your setup.
#44181 by many110
Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:28 am
THANKS FOR THE RESPONS, BUT IT HAS BEEN DOING THAT FOR OVER 30 MINUTES NOW AND I HAPPEN TO HAVE A MODEM/ROUTER IN ONE, SO THERE IS NO WAY TO PUT THE TELO IN FRONT OF THE ROUTER.
#44189 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 am
many110 wrote:I was able to register my telo properly and I was able to make/receive calls.

If so, your Telo completed the initial update and the problem now is the change you made to your firewall and the firewall is now blocking some needed ports. If you can forward the following ports in your firewall to your Telo, it may help:
TCP 53 & 443
UDP 53, 123, 514, 1194, 3386, 3480
UDP 10000-20000