Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44171 by jrouss
Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 am
I to have the blinking blue lights.

I started installing the telo behind my router in the dmz and it did not work so I am now connected directly to the cable modem and back to the router from the telo. I know I am connecting to the internet fine since I am sending this from my home network but, the ooma status page is as follows:

Your ooma Network is Initializing, please wait...

Internet: Detecting...
Ooma Core: Detecting...

Phone Line: Detecting...

Ooma Services

Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled

Voice Mail: Enabled

It never seems to get past this. Any help would be appreciated.
#44172 by jrouss
Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:56 am
Here is some additional info

Device Status - Rev: 1.33326

Network

MODEM: Connected : [75.69.128.34]
HOME: Connected : [172.27.35.1]

Ooma Tunnel: Connected

Services

Telephony: Status unavailable !

DNS: 514 - Running

Web Server: 404 - Running

VPN: 824 - Running

Free: 219692
#44173 by murphy
Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 am
When you registered did you select the option to integrate your land line? You would not have selected a new phone number in this case.

If you did, have you connected your land line to the Wall port of the Telo?
#44175 by jrouss
Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:34 am
Thanks for the reply:

I selected to port my number and was issued a new number and yes I am plugged into the wall.
#44177 by fherbst
Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:00 am
I am having the same issue. Got mind yesterday. The Telo has been flashing the lower blues lights for over 12 hrs. When I check in setup, it say "Internet: Detecting...". CS tells me just to wait, it is updating. I don't know how it can if it cannot detect the internet. Any help/guideness/solution would be appreciated. Thanks.
Fred
#44183 by jrouss
Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 am
I also called Comcast to see if it was on their side they say no. Hopefully there is something simple to fix.
#44186 by luntam
Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 am
mine is running over 12 hours and same message as above. I took a new number and no porting. any tech support? :cry:
#44190 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:17 am
jrouss wrote:I to have the blinking blue lights.

I started installing the telo behind my router in the dmz and it did not work so I am now connected directly to the cable modem and back to the router from the telo.

What kind of cable modem do you have?
#44194 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:33 am
jrouss wrote:Device Status - Rev: 1.33326

This indicates that your Telo has already completed the initial update.

jrouss wrote:I selected to port my number and was issued a new number and yes I am plugged into the wall.

If you were issued a new Ooma number you did not choose landline integration, which would mean you should not have your Telo wall port connected to anything.