Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44178 by stavesacre03
Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:10 am
Last night I switched to comcast cable modem-> telo-> router. I still get internet access to my network (14mbps down, 4mbps up), but 12 hours later I still see the flashing blue lights at the bottom. I did power cycle everything as described. During registration I requested to keep using my current phone number instead of getting a temporary number and was instructed to plug into the phone wall plug, which I did. Although the ooma obviously hasn't "updated" properly I was still expecting to hear a dial tone by plugging into the wall plug, but I never have. Maybe that was an unrealistic expectation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
#44179 by fherbst
Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:13 am
I too have the exact same issue. Got the Telo yesterday, now it is Thurs morning and blue lights are still flashing. Ooma setup says "Internet: Detecting...". CS tells me to wait. Not sure how it will update if it can't find the internet. I tried turning all devices off and back on (modem first, then router, then Telo), no change.
#44195 by idex
Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:49 am
Mine is still flashing (left to right) as of this morning. It is sitting behind my router so maybe I'll try it directly behind the modem when I get home tonight. I already added the port forwards to my router so that shouldn't be the issue.
#44211 by cikei
Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:15 am
To follow up on Aveamantium's question,

I am able to get Internet on my computer by connecting my OOMA to the modem via the Internet port, and to my router via the Home Network port. In other words, definitely getting data no problem, definitely able to do Google searches and browse web pages. However, bottom lights still flashing.
#44219 by khmer007
Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 am
Unbeleivable. I call the support number. The technician told me that there is company wide system maintenance is currently going on. During the middle of the day, there is system maintenance. I'm a new customer. This is not a very bad first impression. Who heard of a system maintenance in the middle of the day that would put you out of phone service. Hmmmm.
#44228 by murphy
Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 am
My phone service is working fine. It has not been taken down.