Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#44043 by doc413
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:56 am
I have setup my account on Ooma with a Telo and I was given a telephone number. The unit's Ooma logo has been blinking blue for the past few hours and nothing has happened. I have plugged in a phone line and there is no dial tone. I have also power cycled the system and there have been no changes. I have used it connected to my router and connected to my modem directly, power cycling the modem and Ooma device. My firmware is "Rev: 1.27306" and all items under Network are Connected. Under home, it does say "Ooma Core: Detecting..." and it never changes. The MODEM MAC address ends with D1 and the HOME MAC address ends with D0. The online account says that D0 is the ooma device, but shouldn't it be the D1 since that's what's connected to the internet? I left the device online connected just to my cable modem (did the power cycle on both) and approximately 50MB downloaded, while when I have the Ooma connected through my router for a few hours, it only downloads a few MB of data.

Here is some configurations information:

Your ooma Network is Registering, please wait...
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Detecting...
Phone Line: No phone line detected, check the phone line is properly connected.
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone line to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

Network
MODEM:Connected : [192.168.1.137]
HOME:Connected : [172.27.35.1]
Ooma Tunnel:Connected
Services
Telephony:320 - Running
DNS:311 - Running
Web Server:314 - Running
VPN:579 - Running
Free:214292

Any help that anyone could offer would be great. I will try and call support when I get home from work.

Thank you,

Anthony
#44050 by murphy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 am
The registration MAC address is the Home port MAC address.

I have seen at least one instance reported on the forum of a Telo not connecting because the Terms and Conditions were not accepted.
#44052 by doc413
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 am
Thanks for the information. I beleive that I accepted the terms and conditions, since I was issued a phone number/etc. Do you know where I can go to check and accept them, if I haven't?

Thank you,

Anthony