Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#43865 by browerjs
Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:39 am
I've had the Ooma Telo for about a month, and my number port actually just went through. Everything went great, and I love the service. So I sold my parents on it. They just got their Telo yesterday, and after I got it all set up, we can place a call and the other phone rings, and we can receive a call and the Ooma phone rings. The problem is, neither party can hear each other in any situation.

I tried moving the Telo do the DMZ, but the same thing happens.

The Telo is hooked up to a router (and this is really the only option, as they have a networking closet), and they currently have Time Warner Cable with Voice. Could their problem be the TWC Voice on the same internet connection?

Any help would be great, as I'm stumped at this point.
#43867 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 am
browerjs wrote:Could their problem be the TWC Voice on the same internet connection?

Maybe. Did they choose to integrate their existing phone line or did they get an Ooma number?
#43868 by browerjs
Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 am
Groundhound wrote:
browerjs wrote:Could their problem be the TWC Voice on the same internet connection?

Maybe. Did they choose to integrate their existing phone line or did they get an Ooma number?

They got a temporary Ooma number... They will be porting over their existing, but we are hoping to setup call forwarding from the TWC line until the port is complete.
#43877 by browerjs
Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 am
Groundhound wrote:
browerjs wrote:I tried moving the Telo do the DMZ, but the same thing happens.

You put the IP that the router assigns to the Telo into the router's DMZ?

Yep...
#43879 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:05 am
browerjs wrote:The Telo is hooked up to a router (and this is really the only option, as they have a networking closet), and they currently have Time Warner Cable with Voice.

Is the TWC telephony/modem integrated with the router? Is it possible to test with a different modem and/or router?
#43880 by browerjs
Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:19 am
Groundhound wrote:
browerjs wrote:The Telo is hooked up to a router (and this is really the only option, as they have a networking closet), and they currently have Time Warner Cable with Voice.

Is the TWC telephony/modem integrated with the router? Is it possible to test with a different modem and/or router?

No... the router is a Belkin that is outside of the modem... I can try a DLink router that I know worked at my house that I'm no longer using... Can't test with a different modem, as this was provided by TWC...
#43898 by murphy
Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:20 am
browerjs wrote:
Groundhound wrote:

No... the router is a Belkin that is outside of the modem... I can try a DLink router that I know worked at my house that I'm no longer using... Can't test with a different modem, as this was provided by TWC...

If you are renting the modem from TWC, you can return it any time that you want and request another one. It doesn't have to be broken to return it. Unfortunately if there is no local office, you would probably have to pay for a truck roll.
#43899 by browerjs
Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:28 am
murphy wrote:If you are renting the modem from TWC, you can return it any time that you want and request another one. It doesn't have to be broken to return it. Unfortunately if there is no local office, you would probably have to pay for a truck roll.

Right... I interpreted as a different brand/kind of modem...
#43910 by browerjs
Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:38 am
Well, I had my dad do some troubleshooting throughout the day today, and when he plugged the Ooma directly into the cable modem, he was able to hear calls.

As soon as he introduced the router back into the equation the problem came back... I'll be switching out his router with the DLink I have laying around tonight to see if that resolves the issue, which I would expect it to...