This is what I am going to do and I just want to make sure that it is correct before I do it and it maybe incorrect.
1. Go to ooma and get a number assigned to my Hub
2. After number is assigned I am going to connect the phone line to the modem and then the modem to the hub and then the hub to my laptop and phone with built in caller ID to the ooma
3. Then I turn the hub on and it should show as red.
4. Connect to the internet ooma site to finish installation.
5. ooma should then how as blue
Is this correct? Am I missing anything? Am I doing anything incorrectly? Is there any way to do this so that after the original connection that the ooma is separate from my modem and computer? I was wondering if I could split the line so that my ooma goes on one line and my laptop and modem go on another?
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I am not the most technically savvy person around.
Do not do this, nor activate your newly replaced hub online,1. Go to ooma and get a number assigned to my Hub
You need to call ooma CS to activate your new hub as a replacement. After that,there is a few tip for installation in my post here This is for a ooma Telo, but it works for the hub(and scout) too.
Hope this help.