Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#43659 by Names
Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:49 pm
I bought the Hub and Scout from Amazon. com. I have High speed DSL from Verizon over the phone line. I do not have a landline phone number. There is a phone number for the internet but it is for internet service only and cannot be ported. I already checked the strength of my DSL and it is 95%. I have an Apple laptop computer that is 6 months old-I think it is an I Mac pro. I had gotten the first Hub and scot and set up the HUB and after 24 hours it died-just died. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a replacement unit and before I set it up i want to make sure I am doing it correctly. I know I need to contact ooma to disconnect the first number and I will do that once everything is done.

This is what I am going to do and I just want to make sure that it is correct before I do it and it maybe incorrect.
1. Go to ooma and get a number assigned to my Hub
2. After number is assigned I am going to connect the phone line to the modem and then the modem to the hub and then the hub to my laptop and phone with built in caller ID to the ooma
3. Then I turn the hub on and it should show as red.
4. Connect to the internet ooma site to finish installation.
5. ooma should then how as blue

Is this correct? Am I missing anything? Am I doing anything incorrectly? Is there any way to do this so that after the original connection that the ooma is separate from my modem and computer? I was wondering if I could split the line so that my ooma goes on one line and my laptop and modem go on another?

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I am not the most technically savvy person around.