Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#43358 by msllama
Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:35 am
New user, I cannot seem to install the Ooma. I have made several calls to customer service and have been assured the problem will be fixed. However, the blue light is still blinking. Orange light steady, occassionaly green light blinks in the back.

I attempted to ping as suggested by another user. This is the response using firefox.

The connection has timed out
The server at 172.143.168.12 is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

I am using a Speed Stream Router---Set Up is DSL to Speed Stream to Ooma. I did try turning off the firewall, no luck, still blinking. Can I restart by unplugging everything??

Thanks for any assistance.
#43572 by msllama
Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:00 pm
Thank you, I did that earlier, but then had other issues activating the product (obtaining a phone number). I have now done it again. How long should the blue light keep blinking.
#44468 by msllama
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 pm
I did turn off the firewall on my telephone company gateway(Speed Stream Router). Made several telephone calls to customer service, tried everything I could find on the forum. Changed the set up several times to no avail.

However, finally I was referred to a technician named Richard. The problem was finally diagnosed as “faulty equipment”. A replacement was here in just a few days. I plugged everything in and it worked right out of the box.

I used the simplest set up.
>DSL phone company gateway>> Ethernet cable to Ooma Ethernet Plug
>>Home Network Plug on Ooma with Ethernet cable to my computer
>>Phone Plug on Ooma to my land telephone with Phone cable
My DSL phone company gateway has several connections available so my wireless network is simply plugged into another Ethernet Plug. Everything appears to be working. I have made and received calls so everything from here should be easy…I hope.
Thank you Richard. You made my day.