Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#43356 by hurl03
Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 am
So the documentation Ooma provides is pretty lacking. I have everything working properly, but here is my issue.

Answer call with Telo handset, call for my wife - she is upstairs picks up (non-telo handset). When she picks up she gets instant second line. How can she pick up the call?
#43357 by murphy
Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 am
hurl03 wrote:So the documentation Ooma provides is pretty lacking. I have everything working properly, but here is my issue.

Answer call with Telo handset, call for my wife - she is upstairs picks up (non-telo handset). When she picks up she gets instant second line. How can she pick up the call?

Press the flash key on the phone she picked up after she gets the instant second line dial tone.
#43360 by hurl03
Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 am
murphy wrote:
hurl03 wrote:So the documentation Ooma provides is pretty lacking. I have everything working properly, but here is my issue.

Press the flash key on the phone she picked up after she gets the instant second line dial tone.

Thanks... Is there anything else to be done - HW/SW upgrade option?
#43381 by bw1
Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 pm
hurl03 wrote:
murphy wrote:

Thanks... Is there anything else to be done - HW/SW upgrade option?

The software is automatically downloaded to each handset (and the Telo base) when there is a new release. It should happen overnight.

You can select HS SW Update under the Handset Setup menu option on each handset to manually update the software. It will tell you to put the handset on the charging base and then, likely, say that the software is up to date.

You can also check the version of the Telo firmware and Handset software on the Information menu option.
#43430 by amoney
Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Thats actually pretty cool, that you could access the second line without a Telo handset. What kind of standard phone is that?

So does having one Telo handset means people can use non Telo handsets to access the second line. Although pricy, that would be a hell of a consideration too use that nifty 2nd line with out having to actually use the Telo handset (for those that do not prefer).

Very interesting find.
#43435 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 pm
amoney wrote:

Thats actually pretty cool, that you could access the second line without a Telo handset. What kind of standard phone is that?

So does having one Telo handset means people can use non Telo handsets to access the second line. Although pricy, that would be a hell of a consideration too use that nifty 2nd line with out having to actually use the Telo handset (for those that do not prefer).

Very interesting find.

Instant Second Line for Telo requires two phones, one to talk on each line. One of those phones must be a Telo Handset, the other phone can be either a second Telo Handset or any phone plugged into the Telo phone port.
#43461 by hurl03
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:05 pm
Another few questions - Will the battery charging animation stop once the battery is fully charged?

Also has anyone figured out what each of the phone setting do?

Auto Answer
Auto Hangup
Voicemail Spkr
Call Screening
Show User

Can these be used individually on each handset or is it a global system setting?
#43474 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 pm
hurl03 wrote:Another few questions - Will the battery charging animation stop once the battery is fully charged? Yes

Also has anyone figured out what each of the phone setting do?

Auto Answer - Answers when you pick up ringing handset from charger
Auto Hangup - Hangs up handset when placed on charger
Voicemail Spkr - Starts VM playback in speaker mode
Call Screening - Premier feature to hear VM as they are recorded and answer call if desired
Show User - Not yet implemented

Can these be used individually on each handset or is it a global system setting? Individual handset settings
#44184 by hurl03
Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 am
Continuing with some additional questions...

I have two Telo handsets.

One which is still operating on it's initial charge (several days); the other dying before the end of each day. Each being used equally. And in similar proximity to the Telo base station. Both have the latest software. Considering swapping the batteries to see if I can isolate it to a power supply issue as opposed to a hardware/handset issue...

Any other suggestions?