Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42910 by cta684
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 am
It stutters 3 times before going to the dial tone. Does anyone know why? Is this a problem? Also I have problems with line static/noise when taking or placing calls. I don't have these problems when making calls over a landline. The line noise is a low pitch buzzing and goes up and down through the conversation. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks.
#42914 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:11 am
cta684 wrote:It stutters 3 times before going to the dial tone. Does anyone know why? Is this a problem? Also I have problems with line static/noise when taking or placing calls. I don't have these problems when making calls over a landline. The line noise is a low pitch buzzing and goes up and down through the conversation. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks.

The stutter means you have "do not disturb" enabled, and the envelope light should be lit red. Hold it down until it goes out (Hub) or turns blue (Telo) to disable DND.
#42917 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:17 am
cta684 wrote:Also I notice an echo on the ooma side when taking/placing calls.

Hard to offer up any help knowing nothing about your setup. As a SWAG, try turning down the volume on your handset, or try a different handset.
#42918 by cta684
Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:25 am
Noise is on any line connected to the ooma.

Setup: Ooma Core+Scout
Connected to cable modem first, traffic is passed through the ooma to the network.
Line speeds are 2.0mbps up and 10.0mbps down.
QOS is set at 1.0mbps or 1000.
Alternate land line is connected.
#43043 by cta684
Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:20 pm
Echoes are from hearing my voice when i talk on the ooma side of the line. I don't hear the echo on the other side. Cellphone to ooma and vice versa. No difference between scout or hub, same issues.
#43049 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:38 pm
cta684 wrote:Echoes are from hearing my voice when i talk on the ooma side of the line. I don't hear the echo on the other side. Cellphone to ooma and vice versa. No difference between scout or hub, same issues.

Test by calling someone out of earshot, not with your cellphone inside your house - any difference?