Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42712 by vrunda
Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:59 am
Hello,

I just got my Ooma telo and installed it. Outgoing calls are fine but I am not receiving any incoming calls. I do not have the phone line connected any more, since I plan on discontinuing it anyway.

Suggestions?

Thanks
#42716 by murphy
Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:06 am
Is the envelope button red?
If it is, press and hold until it turns blue.
#43281 by vrunda
Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:09 am
No. The envelope button is 'blue'.

I think the problem is, I have to keep the phone line connected until I get the phone number ported. Because incoming is fine, when the phone line is in place.

Am I wrong in making this assumption? Or is it supposed to work even without a phone line while waiting for the number to be ported?

Thanks
#43300 by murphy
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:39 am
vrunda wrote:No. The envelope button is 'blue'.

I think the problem is, I have to keep the phone line connected until I get the phone number ported. Because incoming is fine, when the phone line is in place.

Am I wrong in making this assumption? Or is it supposed to work even without a phone line while waiting for the number to be ported?

Thanks

When you registered the box if you selected to integrate your land line, you will have to keep your land line connected to the wall jack of the ooma for it to work. If you didn't get a temporary ooma phone number, then you selected the integrate option.
#43508 by vrunda
Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:51 am
If you didn't get a temporary ooma phone number, then you selected the integrate option.

I didn't get a temp number. Do I have to get one even if plan to keep my current number until it gets ported?
#43511 by murphy
Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:58 am
vrunda wrote:
If you didn't get a temporary ooma phone number, then you selected the integrate option.

I didn't get a temp number. Do I have to get one even if plan to keep my current number until it gets ported?

You don't have to get one. You just have to keep your current land line connected to the wall jack of the ooma until the port completes. You do not have access to some of the ooma features in this configuration. I always recommend to not integrate the land line but it's not worth changing now since the port should be done within 3 weeks of the request.