Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42658 by dmclone
Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:00 am
I just received my telo yesterday and I went to look for a local number and I can't find anything. I called customer service and they have every small town in Iowa except the capital and largest, des moines. The customer service rep didn't seem to really have a clue. Can anyone help me figure out how to get a local number?
#42662 by Potts
Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:35 am
Call CS again and also email them using this link, http://www.ooma.com/support/contact-us, Asking them to order a local calling number, because the only number available is long distant. It took me about 3 weeks to get one, maybe because it was around Christmas time.
#42717 by dmclone
Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 am
Thank you, I gave it a try. They told me to call back in a week.

Isn't this a little weird though? Shouldn't they have something in place that automatically gets new numbers once they get down to a certain point? I mean there are 1/2 million people in the Des Moines metro. I'm guessing ordering a few extra isn't going to kill the company. On a side note they did have numbers for Iowa Falls which has roughly 5K people :(
#42720 by Potts
Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 am
I know it's a pain in the butt, but once everything is setup and running correctly, I'm sure you'll be happy. I know I am.
#42764 by amoney
Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:18 pm
Did CS say call back in 1 week to ask the question again or did they open a service request ticket number that you have for your records?!