Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42535 by larrys1
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:12 am
I've only been on Ooma for 2 weeks now with a Hub I purchased from Costco. I decided to upgrade to the Telo and have my account moved over to it.

Question #1 - What are the steps for the move? Do I disconnect the Hub and get the Telo all hooked up and THEN call Ooma? Or do you call BEFORE you disconnect the Hub and connect the Telo?

Question #2 - I read in the FAQ's that Ooma doesn't charge anything to move from Hub to Telo, but when I asked Tech Support over the phone, I was told they will charge me $11.99. Anyone have any experience with this?
#42544 by bw1
Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:57 am
In order to move the account from the Hub to the Telo, you need to call customer support before activating the Telo. You should be able to call from your existing Hub account or from another phone (cell?) service, but I don't think you have to.

They shouldn't charge you anything to move the account from the Hub to the Telo, but I believe there is a restriction that they won't do it until after 30 days.

The $11.99 charge should only be for changing your caller id name or your phone number.

Since Costco will allow you to return the Hub after 30 days, you might be able to keep and move the your existing Hub account after the 30 days and then return the Hub. I don't know if you would then be able to avoid the $11.75 fee or not. (If you have the Costco B&M Hub only, then you're subject to the $11.75 fee anyway.)

The "right" thing to do may be to activate a new account on the Telo and then call and cancel the Hub account and return it.

The reason to cancel the Hub account, is if you entered credit card info.