Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42247 by amoney
Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:03 pm
Upon installation you need to power cycle all your devices and turn on in order of connections i.e. modem > ooma > computer etc.

What is your network setup?

If you believe you powered everything up correctly, check to see if the ooma is connected to the internet. Plug you computer into the ooma home port (if not already connected) reboot your computer to have a proper IP. And see if the internet works.

I also assume activation worked successfully. Did you choose to use your landline or not?
#42336 by destros4
Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:26 pm
I am having the same problem. Setup initially went well. Even though I asked for the landline backup, the Telo went through the motions successfully. I moved it closer to the telephone, and actually got it to work -- for 30 seconds.

Here are the problems:

1) Plug falls out constantly. I've asked for a new one.
2) System: Actiontec MI424-WR (version D)
3) ISP: Verizon FIOS
4) MAC Address listed on the bottom of the Telo: 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:58
5) MAC Address listed on the router's allocation table: 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:59
6) The name of the Telo does not appear in the allocation table. Other unnamed hosts appear at least as "host-x". This is a change since last night.
6) Sometimes the sunburst is flashing red; other times, blue/red.

I have tried rebooting at least 20 times -- if not more. Sometimes I try with the backup telephone line plugged in; other times, alone. Either way, the Telo won't generate a dialtone.

I went ahead and signed up for the premier service: Do I get a refund for the days the Telo cannot work?

Thanks