Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42073 by balata
Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:35 pm
I have the Ooma Telo. Followed the instructions for integrated modem/router. The logo never turned Red. It blinked blue for 20 minutes. After that, the bottom row (reverse, stop, play, forward) is blinking blue from left to right.

I have called support, they told me to use different ports on the modem/router, they told me to disable the firewall, the told me to wait for 4 hours and all this still hasn't helped. They checked the speed, it was ok, they had me hook up the Home port on Telo and look at set.ooma.com and verified the numbers on the screen. I am almost giving up on this. The bottom row is blinking for 14 hours now. The tech support comfirmed that my device is still updating firmware but did not tell me a percentage completed/remaining.

Can anyone help, please.
#42087 by amoney
Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:20 pm
I believe somone else posted that same issue. I will try to find the thread. I believe in the end it was a problem with the modem/router and the update could not complete, after replacment, everything worked as should.

You can try taking it to a friends house to connect and see if its able to finish its initial firmware update.

I found one thread so far but its not the one I was thinking of...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4875&p=39979&hilit=left+to+right#p39979

Ah FOUND it!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5571&hilit=left+to+right&start=20
#44875 by balata
Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:25 pm
Well ... I called the customer service again today ....

The agent told me to change the 'Automatic' setting to DPCH (?) and in 4 minutes .... I was making and receiving phone calls .... Its Fixed......

I am Happy and thanks to Ooma.
#44890 by amoney
Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:47 pm
Wow, thats a long time to stick it out. So I assume your router was set to static IP, thats unfortunate as default settings should be DHCP enabled and would have avoided this difficulty.

But goes to show, its difficult to offer support without knowing details of the network, for a professional they would start checking those settings, over here in the forums there are alot of assumptions made and thus simple things are missed.

Great to hear your success, at the very least your experience will help others as a reminder to verify getting a valid IP address.