OOMA Voice Response System

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Post Reply
kelkin
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:21 pm

OOMA Voice Response System

Post by kelkin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Is it me, or does it seem like it's just a recording answering the tech support number and even though it prompts you to enter a digit for the department you want, it's really just a recording that doesn't even accept input and transfers you to the same place each time? It doesn't accept any digits I enter when I call support.
-Keith

murphy
Posts: 7238
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: OOMA Voice Response System

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:43 pm

It's been reported that you have to wait until the voice stops talking before you enter any digits.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

amoney
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: OOMA Voice Response System

Post by amoney » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Yes, and it has got me each time I call. I feel like it is a prank. I feel dumb.

Anyways, I think it is becuase Ooma does not support DTMF tones, and thus Oomas own systems dont work, I find it very humourous.

:?
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

amoney
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: OOMA Voice Response System

Post by amoney » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm

murphy wrote:It's been reported that you have to wait until the voice stops talking before you enter any digits.
I tried that too, but it just goes to the same department regardless. At least that has been my experience.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

User avatar
southsound
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Harstine Island, WA

Re: OOMA Voice Response System

Post by southsound » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:18 pm

amoney wrote:Yes, and it has got me each time I call. I feel like it is a prank. I feel dumb.

Anyways, I think it is becuase Ooma does not support DTMF tones, and thus Oomas own systems dont work, I find it very humourous.

:?
Actually ooma systems have no problem with DTMF (touchtones) outgoing from the device. If it did not support outgoing DTMF then you could not call your bank's automatic system, your credit card company, or stock broker. The ooma hub will not support incoming DTMF and the Telo currently does not - although it may in the future.

I have used ooma's IVR system many times and yes, it does seem strange that you have to wait until the message stops, but it does work if you do wait. I have never had a problem with it in nearly a year.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

amoney
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: OOMA Voice Response System

Post by amoney » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:21 pm

southsound wrote:
amoney wrote:Yes, and it has got me each time I call. I feel like it is a prank. I feel dumb.

Anyways, I think it is becuase Ooma does not support DTMF tones, and thus Oomas own systems dont work, I find it very humourous.

:?
Actually ooma systems have no problem with DTMF (touchtones) outgoing from the device. If it did not support outgoing DTMF then you could not call your bank's automatic system, your credit card company, or stock broker. The ooma hub will not support incoming DTMF and the Telo currently does not - although it may in the future.

I have used ooma's IVR system many times and yes, it does seem strange that you have to wait until the message stops, but it does work if you do wait. I have never had a problem with it in nearly a year.
Perhaps a misunderstanding, yes I know I can call my bank, etc. but as you confirmed currently Ooma does not support incoming DTMF. So if Ooma's system is based on there own technology that does not accept incomming, I am assuming incoming DTMF tones will not work.

I am just agreeing with the OP, that its annoying. If Ooma expects to be taken as a "real" company, all these little things add up and dont instill confidence.

It is noted that even if a company "looks" all squared away, appearances can be deceiving.

Wishing Ooma all the success.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

Post Reply