Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42046 by kelkin
Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 pm
Is it me, or does it seem like it's just a recording answering the tech support number and even though it prompts you to enter a digit for the department you want, it's really just a recording that doesn't even accept input and transfers you to the same place each time? It doesn't accept any digits I enter when I call support.
-Keith
#42054 by murphy
Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:43 pm
It's been reported that you have to wait until the voice stops talking before you enter any digits.
#42068 by amoney
Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:18 pm
Yes, and it has got me each time I call. I feel like it is a prank. I feel dumb.

Anyways, I think it is becuase Ooma does not support DTMF tones, and thus Oomas own systems dont work, I find it very humourous.

:?
#42069 by amoney
Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm
murphy wrote:It's been reported that you have to wait until the voice stops talking before you enter any digits.

I tried that too, but it just goes to the same department regardless. At least that has been my experience.
#42094 by southsound
Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:18 pm
amoney wrote:Yes, and it has got me each time I call. I feel like it is a prank. I feel dumb.

Anyways, I think it is becuase Ooma does not support DTMF tones, and thus Oomas own systems dont work, I find it very humourous.

Actually ooma systems have no problem with DTMF (touchtones) outgoing from the device. If it did not support outgoing DTMF then you could not call your bank's automatic system, your credit card company, or stock broker. The ooma hub will not support incoming DTMF and the Telo currently does not - although it may in the future.

I have used ooma's IVR system many times and yes, it does seem strange that you have to wait until the message stops, but it does work if you do wait. I have never had a problem with it in nearly a year.
#42110 by amoney
Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:21 pm
southsound wrote:
amoney wrote:Yes, and it has got me each time I call. I feel like it is a prank. I feel dumb.

Actually ooma systems have no problem with DTMF (touchtones) outgoing from the device. If it did not support outgoing DTMF then you could not call your bank's automatic system, your credit card company, or stock broker. The ooma hub will not support incoming DTMF and the Telo currently does not - although it may in the future.

I have used ooma's IVR system many times and yes, it does seem strange that you have to wait until the message stops, but it does work if you do wait. I have never had a problem with it in nearly a year.

Perhaps a misunderstanding, yes I know I can call my bank, etc. but as you confirmed currently Ooma does not support incoming DTMF. So if Ooma's system is based on there own technology that does not accept incomming, I am assuming incoming DTMF tones will not work.

I am just agreeing with the OP, that its annoying. If Ooma expects to be taken as a "real" company, all these little things add up and dont instill confidence.

It is noted that even if a company "looks" all squared away, appearances can be deceiving.

Wishing Ooma all the success.