Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#42024 by msc
Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:05 pm
My Ooma Hub stopped working about 1 week ago and I can't get it back up. I'm out of the USA, so I have limited ability to call customer support.

My setup is cable modem connected to Ooma Hub connected to wireless router. The 1 & 2 on the Hub are solid red. My internet connection works, but no Ooma.
I have gone through various combinations of power cycling with no results.
In setup.ooma.com it notes that the Ooma tunnel is not connected.
The lights on the back of the Ooma below the wire connections all indicate that they are functioning properly.

Any help is welcome.
#42025 by hpepper
Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm
Are you trying to use it out of the US? If so, did it work there before? ...or are you trying to remotely get it to work in the US while you are gone?
#42100 by tommies
Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm
This is the server the ooma device needs to talk to to get its configuration file.
myxprov.ooma.com

Try to ping it to see if your connection is part of the problem.
#42112 by msc
Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:53 pm
I can ping myxprov.ooma.com.

Home
Your ooma Network is Disconnected(xxx)
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connecting, please wait...
Phone Line: Disconnected
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

Device status:
Ooma Tunnel: Disconnected
#42135 by tommies
Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:31 am
One more try
  • power cycle the cable modem and do a reset--you may need to re-enter login + password again.
  • power ooma down, wait at least 30 minutes or longer--go doing some thing else to clear your mine--and come back and power ooma up.
  • power cycle the router.
If it does not help, it's time to pm some of the ooma mod. to look into your device's log.

PS.
It happend to me once, It's fruitrating to look at the blinking red tab on the hub. I had to take it down, went doing some thing else, and then come back and turn it on again. In a few minutes, it turned blue.
#42268 by daet
Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:06 am
tommies wrote:One more try
  • power cycle the cable modem and do a reset--you may need to re-enter login + password again.
  • power ooma down, wait at least 30 minutes or longer--go doing some thing else to clear your mine--and come back and power ooma up.
  • power cycle the router.

Everything tommies said, and one more - make sure that "Use Built-in MAC address" is selected.

DG