Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#41982 by mlorence
Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 am
Install is complete. All Blue lights. Pick up phone and get Ooma dial tone. Dial out - busy signal. Call me - no ring. what is a guy to do?
#41983 by hpepper
Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:29 am
mlorence wrote:Install is complete. All Blue lights. Pick up phone and get Ooma dial tone. Dial out - busy signal. Call me - no ring. what is a guy to do?

Tell us more about your setup? Cable or DSL? Have you tried attaching a single, plain old corded phone to call out or to test inbound calls? What about a current landline... do you have one integrated with the Telo?

Oh... welcome to Ooma and the forums.
#41990 by mlorence
Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 am
cable to modem. Have not tried a single phone only the back feed to the house which works with the curren Comcast set up. (plugged into the ooma phone jack, not the wall jack) Using Comcast modem as my cable modem. no landline.
#41994 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:34 am
mlorence wrote:Call me - no ring.

Are inbound calls going to voicemail? If so check to make sure your envelope button is not lit (do not disturb). If the envelope button is lit hold it down until it goes out to deactivate DND.
#42156 by murphy
Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:36 am
When you registered did you select "integrate with land line?
If you did, a land line must be connected to the wall port of the ooma.

You can't back feed the Ooma if the Comcast system is still feeding dial tone to your wall jacks.
Connect a phone to the phone port of the ooma.