Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#41964 by maku
Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 pm
Situation: At this point the modem which is connected to my Ooma hub and then my router came back up with internet service. However, my Ooma hub came up with a solid 1 and 2 lights and a flashing Ooma tab.

I checked setup.ooma.com and this is what I get:

Provider comcast
Modem motorola

Modem --> ooma

I am able to connect to internet using modem --> ooma modem port --> ooma home port --> computer

home page status

Your ooma Network is DISCONNECTED

Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connecting, please wait...
Phone Line: Disconnected
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

Advance table DMZ is empty
Upstream 384
downstream 0

When I log in MyOoma, Ooma believes I have active, working service.

So I’m left with no phone service and a working internet connection. I’ve tried resetting multiple times, but I’m still at the same place.

Please help me if anyone had similar issues resolved.
#41971 by murphy
Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 am
Go to the Network page in ooma and click the radio button that saya 'Use built in MAC address.
Click update.
Turn off modem and ooma.
Turn on modem and wait until it syncs with Comcast (Cable light on solid for a minute).
Turn on Ooma and wait for the lights to stop cycling.

Did you register to integrate your land line with Ooma?
If you did, connect your land line to the Wall port of Ooma.
Connect a phone to the phone port.
#42396 by maku
Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:32 pm
Go to the Network page in ooma and click the radio button that saya 'Use built in MAC address.
Click update.
Turn off modem and ooma.
Turn on modem and wait until it syncs with Comcast (Cable light on solid for a minute).

Tried the above instructions but still it want work. Any other suggestions?
#43006 by gadgetnut
Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 pm
Same issue. Haven't had any problems in six months and nothing has changed on my network. Today the ooma hub went offline, both 1 and 2 buttons flashing and red indicator light on top. On ooma router info page, says network disconnected, but I still have internet access on all my computers. Tried power cycling the ooma, modem, etc., no change, tried changing MAC setting from automatic to self, no change. Put MAC setting back to automatic. 20 minutes later, ooma comes back online by itself, phone line is working. Has done this cycle now twice today.
#43016 by murphy
Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:35 pm
gadgetnut wrote:oh thanks for saving me time and head aches... I checked the ooma site and the Status section of this forum prior to posting here... where is the place to look first for these issues? Thanks again.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26
#43731 by maku
Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 pm
maku wrote:Go to the Network page in ooma and click the radio button that saya 'Use built in MAC address.
Click update.
Turn off modem and ooma.

Tried the above instructions but still it want work. Any other suggestions?
#43733 by ntoy
Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:14 pm
Hello maku,

Your Ooma is configured for Landline service. The log file shows that your hub is not detecting your landline(regular dialtone).

Check to make sure your phoneline is active & plugged into the "wall" port on the hub. Can also plug the phone directly into your physical wall jack to see if you get a regular dialtone.