Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#41362 by nooma
Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:54 pm
i just went through all the steps to set up my new ooma - it seems to be taking a really long time - maybe 20-30 minutes now. It went from flashing red to flashing purble (or red to blue super fast)
any ideas???
#41369 by sldfjl
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm
when this happened to me, i realized I plugged in the ethernet cable in the wrong slot, you can also check if your internet is connected
#41371 by nooma
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:42 pm
I checked that - I think I've got it in the right one, I'm going from the "Home Network" to one of my open slots on my Apple Time Capsule.
I just rebooted - now it's been flashing red for a while. just waiting.
#41373 by murphy
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:47 pm
nooma wrote:I checked that - I think I've got it in the right one, I'm going from the "Home Network" to one of my open slots on my Apple Time Capsule.
I just rebooted - now it's been flashing red for a while. just waiting.

It goes in the Internet port, not the Home port.
#41375 by nooma
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:56 pm
I'll give that a try - thanks for the quick responses!
I'm so excited to use my ooma
#41378 by nooma
Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:15 pm
problem solved! thanks for the help!
now how long for changes you make online to update to your ooma line. I enabled the 10 digit dialing, so I don't have to dial a 1 on front of everything, and it's not working yet.
#41379 by murphy
Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:28 pm
If this the first time the unit has been online, let it sit for a half hour to an hour while it updates the firmware. Do not touch it when the lights start flashing.

Changes made on my.ooma are supposed to take effect after 3 minutes. However if it's in the process of installing the first update, that probably won't happen until after the update is done.