Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#41184 by PaulB
Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:37 am
I submitted a request for a new power adapter cord. I received it and it works much better than the original.
I did not get a prepaid mailing label. Does this mean I don't need to send it back?
#41214 by tao
Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:44 pm
PaulB wrote:I submitted a request for a new power adapter cord. I received it and it works much better than the original.
I did not get a prepaid mailing label. Does this mean I don't need to send it back?

I wouldn't, unless they specifically asked for it !
It is a waste of postage and handling at both ends since they are going to junk it anyway... unless they are planning on shipping it back ... to china for repairs !
#41245 by amoney
Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:38 pm
PaulB wrote:I submitted a request for a new power adapter cord. I received it and it works much better than the original.

Please tell me whats different about your new adapter, I received a replacement power adapter and it really did not improve anything, it can still be easily bumped out of place.
#41251 by The Talker
Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 pm
I did a side by side compairson when my replacement arrived.
My replacement plug worked perfectly!
The tip was longer with a wee bit of flange on the end. That gave the Telo Base receptacle something to grip onto.

amoney wrote:Please tell me whats different about your new adapter, I received a replacement power adapter and it really did not improve anything, it can still be easily bumped out of place.
#44739 by amoney
Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:12 pm
The Talker wrote:I did a side by side compairson when my replacement arrived.
My replacement plug worked perfectly!
The tip was longer with a wee bit of flange on the end. That gave the Telo Base receptacle something to grip onto.

amoney wrote:Please tell me whats different about your new adapter, I received a replacement power adapter and it really did not improve anything, it can still be easily bumped out of place.

I appreciate your reply, I just noted it now, yeap mine is exactly the same. Oh well.
#44749 by luntam
Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:45 pm
I'm waiting for the replacement power adapter too. I hope I get a pre-paid mailing label. Can someone from Ooma speak on this? Thanks.
#44919 by fizer195
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:39 pm
I too received the same a replacement that was exactly same as the original. I fixed mine with a piece of tape.
Ooma has to address this problem
#44925 by kelkin
Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 pm
I just got around to submitting my request, how long did it take for you guys on average to receive yours? As long as I don't touch the box it stays in place, so I can live with it as is for now.
-Keith
#44939 by amoney
Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:53 am
kelkin wrote:I just got around to submitting my request, how long did it take for you guys on average to receive yours? As long as I don't touch the box it stays in place, so I can live with it as is for now.
-Keith

2 weeks.

Lets us know if yours is different (longer tip).

As for the prepaid label, I did not get one, it would be more wasted money to be returned.

I use 3M Command strip/clip (cable keeper) to secure the wire. Somone else note that they cut the plastic off to expose longer tip... I might try this with my spare power adapter.

I am really baffled how Ooma sent me the exact same power adapter tip. With all the attention on packaging I wish Ooma would focus more on the Product.
#45461 by laskewco
Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:26 pm
I'm at 2 weeks and one day since my request and no adapter just yet...