Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#41118 by brobb
Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 pm
Can anyone explain how to swap your telephone number from the ooma hub to the scout and vice versa? I now have my main number associated with my hub and my fax number with my scout. ooma says that in fax machines must be placed on the hub rather than the scout, so I need to swap numbers. Seems like a simple thing to do, but I just can't figure out how to do it (and the ooma doc is of no help).

Thanks.
#41122 by southsound
Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:01 pm
Should be an easy thing for the ooma Customer Service folks to perform. It has to be done at their end, but might even be something they could do while you are on the phone call with them. Call them at 1-888-711-6662.
#41125 by brobb
Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 pm
Acutally i tried switching telephone numbers from the hub (shared) to the scout in my ooma. It seems to change, then the my ooma application crashes to an error page that says 'We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page.". If i log in again, both numbers appear on the hub (shared). ooma is pretty cool, but some things are just exasperating!
#41129 by murphy
Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:06 pm
In the old lounge software it was not possible to move the main number off of the shared hub.
#41137 by brobb
Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:35 pm
You say the "old lounge software"... is there "new" lounge software this can be done? I think it's crazy that ooma forces you to put a fax on the hub, but will not allow you to move numbers between devices.
#41140 by southsound
Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:09 pm
brobb wrote:You say the "old lounge software"... is there "new" lounge software this can be done? I think it's crazy that ooma forces you to put a fax on the hub, but will not allow you to move numbers between devices.

So making a simple phone call one time when you are setting it up is a major hardship? Also I believe the word "force" might be a little strong. You will have better performance of your fax if it is on the hub. They don't have anyone enforcing it... or do they?
#41146 by murphy
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:57 am
brobb wrote:You say the "old lounge software"... is there "new" lounge software this can be done? I think it's crazy that ooma forces you to put a fax on the hub, but will not allow you to move numbers between devices.

You are using the new "lounge" software. It was installed last October when the Telo was announced. What used to be called "The Lounge" is now called "My.Ooma".
My point was that in the past only CS could do a number swap. That may still be the case but the new software is not enforcing it properly.
#41696 by Dante R
Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:59 pm
murphy wrote:My point was that in the past only CS could do a number swap. That may still be the case but the new software is not enforcing it properly.

This is still the case.

Please call support